Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kris Jenkins Top 2013 forward a Gamecock target (2013 prospect basketball video)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Frank Martin has been tracking 4 star Kris Jenkins quite a bit this spring. The DC Assault forward's parents both live in the state of South Carolina, and the Gamecocks could become a factor here.

One of the players who had an excellent season as a junior was 4 star Kris Jenkins 6'5" 235lbs. The Washington (DC) Gonzaga standout forward went from a kid without a position to one who most schools in the country want. Now he is back on the AAU circuit running with DC Assault.

Before the season it was mostly mid-major interest from Jenkins, then during a stretch in January where he caught fire, everything changed. The 6-foot-6 and 235 pound combo forward exploded onto the scene and cemented himself not only as a top 100 player, but a must get recruit for many coaches.

“It was a great experience to see all of my hard work pay off,” said Jenkins of his stock exploding. “Just to travel and play against some of the best competition and to get recognition for playing so hard was a good thing.”

According to Jenkins he thinks it was commitment to getting into better shape combined with a better focus led to his improvement.

“Of course I got lighter and became more mobile, but I got better as a leader and was more focused on impacting the game in any way that I could,” explained Jenkins.

When it comes to his recruitment, his list is a lengthy one, to the point where Jenkins can’t even list everyone coming after him.

“I don’t remember everyone, but recruiting has picked up a lot for me,” said Jenkins. “It is a lot, it is a handful, and hopefully before my senior basketball season starts I will have a decision.”

He continued by saying, “Villanova, Miami, Xavier, Georgetown, Louisville, Ohio State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, George Washington, South Carolina, Clemson, and Penn State are some of the schools recruiting me the hardest.”

With his process nowhere near being over, Jenkins is just now taking things in and says it is an honor to be such a coveted recruit.

“It is just overwhelming,” said Jenkins of the recruiting attention. “It is still a great experience, but sometimes it can be tough with all of the phone calls and all of the people wanting to talk to you. However I am just blessed to have the opportunity. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”

For now no visits are scheduled, but Jenkins is hoping to make some trips later in the month of May or in June.

When Jenkins does make those visits he knows what he will be paying attention to from schools in order to help him make his final decision when the time is right.

“I am just looking for where I will fit best, my relationship with the coaching staff, and great academics,” said Jenkins.

Currently Jenkins is rated as the No. 66 player in the 2013 class.

link http://scouthoops.sc.../2/1182752.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA5JTT95uDQ

Scouts bio

Rivals bio

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the video, nice
default_smile.png