Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Busch gives Michael Jordan his first win at Kansas in the AdventHealth 400

“I’m not lying,” Kyle Petty said Sunday night, “when Kurt was running (Larson) down, I’m in Kiawah, South Carolina, and you could have heard me in Kansas City. I was pulling for Kurt Busch. I was screaming. … I probably looked like Tom Cruise on Oprah Winfrey’s couch — when he jumped up and down on her couch.

“I was screaming: ‘Catch him Kurt! Catch him Kurt! Let’s go, man!’”

Busch's win capped off what turned into a very happy four days for the Petty family at a time that normally commemorates their darkest moment. On May 12 -- the 22nd anniversary of Adam's death -- Austin Petty and his wife celebrated the birth of a baby daughter, Ellington Montgomery Petty.

Beyond the circumstances of the Petty family, Busch's win in the No. 45 marked the first win for that car number since LeeRoy Yarbrough drove the number to victory at Greenville-Pickens Speedway in May of 1964.