Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets talk pork rinds

TheYancey

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Love 'em?  Hate 'em?  I am in the former group, much to the dismay of my cardiologist.  Some of my local gastro pubs sell them hot and freshly fried.  They make a nice app or simply a nosh with a brew.  Commercial bagged ones have really grown in quality.  I swap in some kicked up flavors from time to time but these are my go to.

dcfb782e549d89b488308e3d03899f6d.jpg

Huge fan.

The best I have had are from Swig n Swine with the Tabasco and honey sauce and blue cheese crumbles. 

41kOKRo1ZhL.jpg

71TXp5i3nuS._SL1500_.jpg

71JRREm1-QL._SL1500_.jpg

A couple of my favorites...but haven't had any since 2019 as I work on improving my diet.

A couple of my favorites...but haven't had any since 2019 as I work on improving my diet.
They are always referred to as  chicharrones here in South Texas. I've seen them offered in tacos and I ordered one once and it was horrible, just mush. I hear in Central America they are served moist, one at a time on a platter to the wealthy. 

Love 'em?  Hate 'em?  I am in the former group, much to the dismay of my cardiologist.  Some of my local gastro pubs sell them hot and freshly fried.  They make a nice app or simply a nosh with a brew.  Commercial bagged ones have really grown in quality.  I swap in some kicked up flavors from time to time but these are my go to.

I like those too. My wife likes the Pineapple Ancho chili ones they make.

They are always referred to as  chicharrones here in South Texas. I've seen them offered in tacos and I ordered one once and it was horrible, just mush. I hear in Central America they are served moist, one at a time on a platter to the wealthy. 
I've never had moist, mushy pork rinds...half of the fun is the crunch.  Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

Last edited by a moderator: