Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Rolin visiting USC this weekend (thread) (2013 prospect video) commit to the Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
4 star LB Matt Rolin 6'4" 205lbs of Ashburn, VA will make an unofficial visit to USC this weekend. And with the Gamecocks out front for his services, the possibility of a commitment by Rolin does exist. Rolin's grandfather played for the Gamecocks and he has family that lives about ten minutes from the campus. Rolin recently ranked the Gamecocks #1 on his list followed by Virginia Tech, Florida State, Florida and Georgia. He recently visited Virginia Tech where his brother is a member of the football team. Rolin's last visit to USC was in March and said afterwards he was very impressed. "I really liked the campus and they have the best facilities I've seen," Rolin said. Rolin had 100 tackles with 10 sacks last season. He also plays tight end.

link: http://www.goupstate...9737/-1/PSPORTS

Scouts bio

Rivals bio

247sports bio

Last edited by a moderator:
LB TE Matt Rolin becomes #13 for USC

4 star LB TE Matt Rolin 6'4" 205LBS of Ashburn, VA committed to USC Friday while on an unofficial visit with the Gamecocks. Rolin also plays tight end. Rolin announced his commitment on his Twitter page at 1:40 Friday afternoon. "Can't spell South caROLINa without Rolin! Committed to The University of South caROLINa!!!!" Rolin picked the Gamecocks over Virginia Tech, Florida State, Florida and Georgia. Last season Rolin had 100 tackles with 19 for loss and 10 sacks. He also had 10 passes broken up and 2 interceptions. He is the 13th commitment for the Gamecocks' 2013 class.

link: http://bleacherrepor...rolina-football

4 star LB TE Matt Rolin 6'4" 205lbs of Ashburn, VA grew up in a USC family, so it's only natural he would decide to become a member of the Gamecock football family. Rolin committed to the Gamecocks Friday afternoon while on campus for an unofficial visit. "It feels real good," Rolin said. "I've got a lot of family support here, and the fans seem to like me a lot. I came here just to make sure it was the place for me. I had a feeling it was." Rolin also plays tight end at a high level and could go to college for either position. But he wants to play linebacker and he wanted assurances from the Gamecocks that would be the case. "Coach Botkin and Coach Ward told me they want me at linebacker, so that question was answered," Rolin said. Rolin said after lunch he and the coaches went for a walk through the stadium and it was then he made his commited. Steve Spurrier was out of town but Rolin talked to him by phone. "He said he was really and I was the top linebacker that he wanted," Rolin said. He picked the Gamecocks over Virginia Tech, Florida State, Florida and Georgia. Rolin becomes the 13th commitment for USC's 2013 class. Last season he had 100 tackles with 19 for loss and 2 sacks. He also broke up 10 passes and had 2 interceptions. link: http://www.goupstate...29690/0/PSPORTS