Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBB 2024-25 Non-conference schedule

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

Boston College leads the all-time series with the Gamecocks, 2-1. The two schools first squared off in the semifinals of the 1971 Quaker City Classic in Philadelphia, Pa. Carolina won the initial meeting, 86-64, at The Palestra on Dec. 28, 1971.

The Gamecocks played a home-and-home with the Hoosiers in the 1972 and 1973 seasons. Carolina won the first matchup, 88-85, at Carolina Coliseum over a top-10 IU team on Dec. 22, 1973. The Hoosiers won on their home floor the following year, 84-71, on Dec. 22, 1973 in a showdown of two top-15 teams.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXHmLSOeAxY

No official schedule out yet, but here is the list of our SEC opponents this coming season:

2024-25 South Carolina SEC Opponents
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Auburn
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Ole Miss
  • Mississippi State
  • Texas
  • Texas A&M
  • at Florida
  • at Georgia
  • at Kentucky
  • at LSU
  • at Mississippi State
  • at Missouri
  • at Oklahoma
  • at Tennessee
  • at Vanderbilt

LOL, I looked at the above schedule and thought it was a football schedule. I was thinking I know we always play one of the toughest schedules in the country, but now we have 18 conference games -- guessing we don't have any off-weeks this year. I'm such an idiot...I bet someone could convince me that watermelons are selling for double digit dollars.

Eight SEC teams went to the NCAAT with LSU and UGA going to the NIT.

There's a lot more parity in MBB than FB right now, so I would say we have our work cut out for us this season.