Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASA Ingenuity Helicopter Spots Spacecraft Wreckage on Mars

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash

Perseverances-Backshell-and-Supersonic-Parachute-From-NASA-Ingenuity-Mars-Helicopter-777x567.jpg

Is is just me, or does it look like water is covering some of the wreckage?

This little drone has been incredible. It piggy backed on the perseverance rover and was supposed to be a technology test. It was initially scheduled for 5 flights, to test if the concept even works at all, since Mars has a very thin atmosphere, it wasn't sure it would be able to get enough lift. The fact that it is still going a year later, is just phenomenal.

That's clearly the remains of the HAB after Mark Whatley treated it like a sports car in the hood.

Link is good.

Great article. Did you write it?
Yessir. Big part of my job is writing about the research at the university where I work; combines my former life as a journalist with my even more former life as a fisheries biologist .. love writing about science.