Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Tanner has to find a new Softball head coach.

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I saw last week where he fired Coach Smith from the softball team. I really liked her and felt she was doing a decent job recruiting, etc. She brought in a very good pitcher from the portal this past season and we brought in a freshman pitcher that was very good too.
She has been here for 13 years with a 461-323 record, but she was only 102-219 in the SEC. She did make the NCAA 9 times, but only made one Super back in 2018.

That makes 2 coaches Tanner fired this past couple week.
Both coaches made it into the NCAA Tourney, but neither made a Super Regional.

So, now we find out just how good of an AD Tanner can be. If he finds a couple good coaches willing to come here, it could change what so many people feel about him. If he doesn't, he may be on the way out himself.

Did Lamont's success this year give Ray confidence and energize him to start thinking higher?

Did Lamont's success this year give Ray confidence and energize him to start thinking higher?
The first year, a lot of people did not think Lamont was a good hire. Will his team keep impressing people again this year?
I really like him, but none of us know yet if last year was luck or if he really did develop them to win like that. Watching how he played them and substituted them, I think it was great coaching.
Trying to find a couple more coaches will tell us worlds about Ray Tanner.