Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offensive lineman Donell Stanley (2014 prospect video)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Offensive lineman Donell Stanley

07/04/13

Rivals bio

Scouts bio

247sports bio

4 star Offensive lineman Donell Stanley of Latta, S.C., is proof that big things – really big things – can come from small towns.

The 6-4, 327-pound Stanley is considered one of the nation’s top prospects for 2014. He is rated as the nation’s No. 61 prospect overall by 247Sports.com, No. 3 offensive guard prospect and No. 2 overall in South Carolina by 247Sports.com.

He has offers from many of the top schools in the ACC, SEC and the eastern seaboard.

“I’ve played football since I was 4,” he said.

On the gridiron, Stanley has repped quite a bit as a left tackle. Some think he may be better suited to play guard at the college level, while others see a potential defensive tackle in the making.

“A lot of coaches say I can play tackle and a lot of them say I can play guard,” Stanley said. “There are even some saying I could play defense. I’ve played them all so nothing would be new to me. I will just prepare to play wherever they want me to play.”

In terms of playing the offensive line, Stanley has the size and agility college coaches are looking for.

“First, a lot of people tell me I am pretty fast for my size. I work hard on my footwork to get my agility right so I can move better on the field. I have good hands and I am good at pass protection. I can run block and drive block. I play both sides of the ball pretty much the whole game.”

Stanley and his off-season training regimen were featured in this feature recently on a South Carolina television station. He trains both at his school as well as at the Competitive Edge facility in nearby Florence.

“I think I am improving, especially with my feet,” said Stanley, who benches 375 pounds. “I just want to keep them fast. I have also been working hard on my upper body.”

In a unique twist, this football behemoth studies Yoga to provide him with better flexibility and agility.

“I think it has helped with my flexibility,” Stanley said. “After workouts, I can stretch farther than I used to.”

Stanley has already accepted an invitation to play in the Under Armour All-American Game this coming January in St. Petersburg, Fla.

“Looking back at the players in the past who have played there like (Jadaveon) Clowney and everybody else, that’s a good way to represent my hometown, my community, South Carolina and my family,” Stanley said.

During the course of that game, Stanley said he plans to announce his college choice on national television.

Asked what he is looking for in a school, Stanley said, “I want to see how good the academic program is first. Then, I want to be where there is a good winter (conditioning) program. I want to work with good, experienced coaches. I want to be at a good school where we can win a (national) title and they can help me get to the NFL.”

Six schools have been routinely mentioned by Stanley. They are Clemson, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, LSU and Ohio State. The first four may have a slight edge over the last two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQiBFmh4FI

Last edited by a moderator: