Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OL Mike Williams de-commits from USC

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
OL Mike Williams de-commits from USC
May 24, 2023

South Carolina lost one of its commitments for the Class of 2024 on Tuesday. Mike Williams announced on Twitter that he is opening up his recruitment. The three-star offensive lineman committed to the Gamecocks last month. “After further consideration, I would like to announce that I will be decommiting from the University of South Carolina and reopening my recruitment. Thank you to all the coaches at the University of South Carolina,” Williams posted on Twitter. The 6-foot-7, 315-pound lineman was a high school teammate of 2023 Gamecocks signee Desmond Umeozulu at CH Flowers High in Maryland.

Williams chose USC over reported offers from Miami, Southern Cal, Michigan State, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Florida. He’s rated the No. 1,141 player and No. 91 offensive tackle in the 2024 class, per the 247Sports Composite.