Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ole Miss game

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I know we need the bye week, but I hate to have to wait those extra 7 days to watch our guys play.
I still remember the bye week in 2022 where we came back and beat A&M. Not many people expected that. A&M was favored to win but we shot out to a 17-0 lead in the first 6 minutes after our D got a fumble and an INT.
I really feel that if we play to our capability, we will upset Ole Miss. I already feel like it is preseason again having to wait two weeks. 12 days until....

I just fell it, 24-21 Gamecocks

Two things:

Any opposing OC has been able to lull our defense to sleep with short-yardage plays and then kill us with a deep pass. Need to fix that.

Our OL doesn't pick up blitz packages well.

Not sure how we fix those two things at this point.

I think if it's close we somehow pull out a way to win. But if the score isn't close, we're probably on the wrong side of a thumping. Lane Kiffin is trying to run up the score on everyone to score style points with the selection committee in the event of a couple of losses somewhere in the season.

They play UK this Saturday. UK is 0 - 2 in conference play. Hopefully UK can give them a hard fought 4 quarters as their season is on the brink of crashing and UK will be desperate to keep from going 0 - 3.

They play UK this Saturday. UK is 0 - 2 in conference play. Hopefully UK can give them a hard fought 4 quarters as their season is on the brink of crashing and UK will be desperate to keep from going 0 - 3.
I was wondering what games I may watch this week. That sounds like a good game to go watch. UK sure gave UGA fits.
But at the same time, maybe if Ole Miss blows them out, they will come here feeling all "Cocky". And we can really show them what "Cocky" is when we beat the snot out of them like we did Akron.

I will go with Shane's mantra of nameless, faceless opponents that the team seems to have embraced.

Bring on the Rebs!

Good to know they can be beaten by an average team that plays good. I think it will be a really close game. One of those "last score wins" kind of games. 24 - 21 Gamecocks.

Me and a guy I ran into at the grocery store the day after Helene passed through started talking about the game. He said he wished game day was already here despite the hurricane stuff. I think that says how good the fan base knows we are this year. I think it will be a lot like the LSU game, but we have learned from our mistakes and will come out on top this time. A win after the devastation this week would sure pump people up.

Coach Beamer and the culture of Gamecock football need this game, it is a crossroads game for the season and Beamer era, Loggins era, Clayton White era... Statement game for this Defense, Kennard, Stewert, Nick, DQ, Fortune, Tonka, Debo, Knight, Bam, Kamara, Kaba, Thomas Jr, Goodwine, Edmond, TJ, Big Boogie, Jules, Spaulding, Kilgores, Judge.... and having multiple QB's, seeing Harbor and the TE's getting more plays as the RPO evolves and gets faster...
I think our special teams gets a TD on a fake punt, Kroeger to Smith to blow the top off WILLY B and the Gamecocks run over Ole miss 42-13

I’m a closet Lane Kiffen fan, primarily cause he would survive a nuclear blast along with cheez whiz.

Hope we can survive this but I don’t think so.

Miss 35
USC 24