Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paris seems to have another good squad in place

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I know basketball is a long way away, but there is not much Gamecock news out right now.
This year's team may be way better than last year's team. We lost a couple of good players but look at what Lamont is bringing in to fill those spots.
I may be getting season tickets now that I know we will have a competitive team again this year. For what I paid for the 6 individual games I went to last year, I could have had a ticket for the whole year.

Sorry to see Sparkman give it up. Always looked forward to his minutes at the CLA.

I wish that Josh and Meechie had stuck around, but sometimes a change in the line-up is a good thing.

Once again, Paris gave a really good press conference. I enjoy listening to him, and am looking forward to seeing this year's team perform.
I am too.
After coach works with them all summer into the fall, I really believe this will be a better team than we had last season.

Paris Hired a new Asst. Coach, Will Bailey. He has about 20 years coaching experience at several different schools.
In joining South Carolina, Bailey brings not only coaching expertise but also a proven track record in player development and recruiting, positioning the Gamecocks for continued growth in the competitive landscape of college basketball. His return marks a strategic move by South Carolina to strengthen their coaching foundation as they aim for future successes on the court.
Sounds like he may be a great addition and a great recruiter. Supposedly contributed to GG coming to play here.

Bailey, previously under Frank Martin's coaching staff, brings a wealth of experience and a strong recruiting acumen that promises to enhance the Gamecocks' roster.
Most recently, Bailey's tenure at Saint Louis University saw him as part of a coaching staff that guided the Billikens to continuous improvement. Last season, the team achieved a 23-13 record, clinched the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship, and secured a spot in the NCAA Tournament, underscoring Bailey's role in fostering success at the collegiate level.

So Bailey returns to the CLA with some NCAAT pedigree now. Pretty good stuff.

While at SLU, Bailey was part of a staff that helped the Billikens to the 2019 Atlantic 10 Conference Championship title and bid to the NCAA Tournament. He was instrumental in the emergence of All-Conference guard Javon Bess, the 2019 A-10 Defensive Player of the Year. Bailey helped Bess improve his offensive game as well, and as a senior, Bess led the team with 15.3 ppg and 66 3-pointers.

During his time at La Salle, Bailey worked with All-Conference guards Earl Pettis, Ramon Galloway and Tyreek Duren. The Explorers' backcourt helped them to a Sweet 16 appearance in 2012-13. Additionally, La Salle was fourth in the nation in 3-point field-goal percentage thanks in part to Bailey's instruction.

Just another reason to like Lamount so much. He not only put together a great team last year that no one expected, With the new players and another great coach, he is putting together something real in Men's basketball here at USC. I mean just the chance to be a head coach at an SEC school was tremendous for him, but now he is really showing all that he had learned before.
  • Paris was a part of the Wisconsin coaching staff that made seven straight appearances in the NCAA Tournament. Included in that stretch was a National Championship Game appearance (2015), Final Four (2014) and four Sweet 16s (2011-12, 2016-17).
I think he is going to build that same type of team here as he was part of there.
I would love to see us make back-to-back T appearances, but can you imagine if he gets us there 5 or more years in a row. In 71-74 McGuire's team made it 4 years in a row and made 3 sweet 16's in a row.
Since then, we have had 4 single year appearances, 1989, 1998, 2004, & 2017.

It is just good to know we may have a coach that will turn us into an NCAA regular.

He is turning into a really great recruiter. Getting to the T and getting those big wins in luring in better players, i.e. Cam Scott.
I really like the way he coaches and substitutes his players. I really like the way they play so much possession ball. They don't hurry. They have a huge number of assists. And the D does a fantastic job against some teams that are supposed to be really good on offense.
I really look forward to both Men's and Women's basketball now.

We need a faster offense this season, meaning guys who can consistently score on their own if needed.

We need a faster offense this season, meaning guys who can consistently score on their own if needed.
I say maybe when the 30 sec clock gets down to 10 you need guys that can go ahead and score, but until then keep passing it to try and get someone wide open. But if we are down a few points, then yes, we need to score fast and fight to get the ball back sooner.

In the latter part of last season, defenders figured out how to double-team a guy who was holding onto the ball too long while he was looking for the next guy to pass to and force a turnover.

You can bet we'll see a lot more of that this season. Of course, Meechie always had to shoot a 3-pointer from West Columbia and that didn't help us.