Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peanut Butter, Mayonnaise, and Banana Sandwich

Cockyandproud

Eternal Gamecock Optimist
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
I just came home to work in my office, after being on jobsites this morning, and went to make lunch, and came across a lone banana, so I made a peanut butter (Jif), mayonnaise (Hellman's), and banana sandwich.

Do you love it like I do?

Love the PB, banana and mayo sandwich but I use Peter Pan and Dukes.  When I was a kid, my parents made them that way and I thought it would be disgusting until I tried it.

I'll do either separately, pb & banana or mayo & banana, but not combined.  Oh, and we need to talk about the Hellman's...it's Duke's or go home.

I'm pretty picky about my condiments.  Preference is Dukes for mayo, French's for mustard (yellow, no real preference regarding spicy or brown) and Heinz 57 for ketchup.  No preference for the peanut butter (actually have been using pb powder lately, much less fat and boosted protein).

Note, I had a banana and Dukes sandwich yesterday for lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Furman, I don't have a problem with Duke's, I just prefer Hellman's. When I was a kid, we moved to NY for a few years, and then we moved back to SC. Hellman's was what we got up there, and when we moved back, Duke's was what we got because we didn't have a lot of money, or at least that was my opinion. I thought Duke's was the cheap, generic mayo. I don't have a problem with either, but prefer Hellman's. I know this will be horrible for some to hear, but depending on the meat on a sandwich, I sometimes will get crazy and put a little Miracle Whip on it, but I don't consider Miracle Whip to be real mayo.
As a side note, when I was in school in NY, I was in K-2nd, so around 1973-1975 or so, I loved the cafeteria's peanut butter and jelly. I couldn't figure out why it was different than at home, but finally found out they put mayo on them. It sounds nasty, and I haven't tried it like that in years, but I liked it back then.
As far as mustard, it depends on what I'm in the mood for. Yellow and brown are totally different tastes, so it depends on mood and what it's going on.

Furman, I don't have a problem with Duke's, I just prefer Hellman's. When I was a kid, we moved to NY for a few years, and then we moved back to SC. Hellman's was what we got up there, and when we moved back, Duke's was what we got because we didn't have a lot of money, or at least that was my opinion. I thought Duke's was the cheap, generic mayo. I don't have a problem with either, but prefer Hellman's. I know this will be horrible for some to hear, but depending on the meat on a sandwich, I sometimes will get crazy and put a little Miracle Whip on it, but I don't consider Miracle Whip to be real mayo.
As a side note, when I was in school in NY, I was in K-2nd, so around 1973-1975 or so, I loved the cafeteria's peanut butter and jelly. I couldn't figure out why it was different than at home, but finally found out they put mayo on them. It sounds nasty, and I haven't tried it like that in years, but I liked it back then.
As far as mustard, it depends on what I'm in the mood for. Yellow and brown are totally different tastes, so it depends on mood and what it's going on.
Not a problem at all. You do you...but we really should have a talk about Miracle Whip (although, I think they now have an actual mayonnaise, in addition to the sandwich spread).

Miracle whip is not Mayo. It's Nasty.

I prefer Dukes. But Hellmans will do if Dukes is not available. No way am I putting miracle whip on anything.

It all depends on the sandwich. I prefer Miracle Whip if I am having an onion roll and certain deli meats like Lebanon Bologna.