Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phillip plans to bring toughness to USC backcourt

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
USC's backcourt of the future likely will be filled by a pair of good friends who learned their craft in the parks and gyms of New York City. 6-5 Thaddeus Hall and 6-3 Tarik Phillip of Brooklyn commited to the Gamecocks Thursday and Friday respectively. The two are close and plan to bring a New York City kind of toughness to the program. Phillip attends a prep school in Charlotte and is considered one of the top point guards available for the spring signing period. He chose USC over Mississippi State, Colorado and Tulane. "I know Coach Martin brings in good players," Phillip said. "He did it at Kansas State and I'm pretty sure he will do it here." Phillip averaged 26 points and 7 assists per game this past season. "I'm a pretty decent outside shooter," he said. "I'm a pretty solid defender. I think that's something they lacked last year in the backcjort. And I'm good at getting steaks and getting out on the break." Phillip will sign his LOI with USC Monday. The Gamecocks now have five players signed for the 2012 class with one more scholarship available Link: http://www.goupstate...9938/-1/PSPORTS

Last edited by a moderator: