Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PORTAL NEWS: Gamecocks land transfer RB Oscar Adaway

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Gamecocks land transfer RB Oscar Adaway
Dec. 13, 2023

1702468484740.pngCoach Shane Beamer hopes to address the shortage of running backs in his program this month through the Transfer Portal. Tuesday, he hit on his first one with a commitment from North Texas transfer RB Oscar Adaway (5-10 219. The native of Little Rock, AR made his official visit to South Carolina last weekend and was convinced about Beamer and the Gamecocks after that.

“I just want to say the realness of the coaching staff,” Adaway said of what sold him on South Carolina. “In recruiting nowadays, you talk to a lot of coaches, and you never know if they are going to be real or fake. This is my second go-around in the recruiting journey, and I just felt that they were very real and down to earth in telling me what it is and what it isn’t.”

Adaway has been around SEC football as a native of Arkansas and has played the last two seasons in Texas. Now, he gets to realize his opportunity to play the game at the highest level in college.

“It’s a blessing,” he said. “I’ve got two years left, but if I go into this next year thinking I have two years, I think I’m going to play like I have two years. I want to come here and perform as much as I can on the biggest stage in college football in my opinion. Coming to the Gamecocks and playing for Coach Beamer, it’s a huge blessing.