Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RB Daniel Hill has Gamecocks at the top following his official visit

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

RB Daniel Hill has Gamecocks at the top following his official visit​

SPORTSTALK / June 25, 2023
1687809563674.pngUSC has one running back committed for the 2024 class in Matthew Fuller and is looking to add a second. A prime candidate is 4-star Daniel Hill 6-1 225lbs of Meridian, MS and he made his official visit over the weekend. USC has been in a strong place with Hill for a long time, and the visit did a lot for the Gamecocks in securing a commitment from him sometime in July.

“South Carolina is number one as of right now, or really close to it,” Hill said. “The people really stood out the most to me. Everything was so genuine, and it made me feel like I was really wanted and cared for.”

Hill said Alabama and Tennessee are the other two in competition with the Gamecocks at this point. He made an official visit to Alabama two weekends ago and was back there for a camp last week. He took an unofficial visit to Tennessee in late May.

USC head coach Shane Beamer and running backs coach Montario Hardesty left Hill with a closing message that he no doubt wanted to hear.

“That I’m the missing piece and I can change the whole trajectory of the program,” Hill said.

Hill added he and the coaches didn’t really dive into how he would be used in their offense, but they have a Zoom meeting scheduled for Wednesday to go into more detail about that.

At this point, the only other uncommitted running back to take an official visit to USC is Braylen Russell. He was at Tennessee over the weekend and has also taken officials with Arkansas, Purdue and Baylor.