Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruiting notes

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
OL Cory Helms received his first two offers Thursday. South Alabama and Troy are the first two schools to jump on board with Helms. South Alabama offered Helms and his teammate, OL Josh Harris. Helms is garnering interest from Clemson, USC, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, UCLA, Cal, Louisiana Tech and Central Florida among others. Clemson remains high on his list.

DB Desmond Lawrence of Charlotte committed to North Carolina three weeks ago and is firm with his decision. "I don't think I'll visit any other schools," Lawrence said. "They have everything I want. It's a great environment and with the education you get there, it's the full-package." He chose to attend UNC with several other players including DB Brian Walker of Charlotte and DB Korrin Wiggins of Durham. "There are several other guys going with us that haven't committed yet," he said. "Now I've become the recruiter." He has no plans to visit any other school. USC and Clemson have offered Lawrence with USC being his first offer. Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120426/PSPORTS02/120429707/-1/psports