Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, SO stoked for this movie.

Sounds like you're a fan -- I hope that it lives up to your expectations.  I tried so hard, to appreciate Dune, being the classic that it is.  I read the first 4 or 5 books, but just could not finish the series.  Too strange for me...and the 1984 movie with Kyle MacLachlan, did Herbert no favors.  It was just a hot mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm a HUGE fan - and if you got 4-5 books in, that says a lot. Like you, I tried to like the 1984 movie ... but it's just so not good at all.

The 1984 movie actually deterred me from reading any of the books.  It just didn't do anything for me.

The only sci-fi books that did anything for me were the ones based on the original Star Trek TV show that were popular in paperback in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swayin, finally got around to streaming this last night -- very enjoyable. The sheer scope was just immense, truly cinematic! So, the last I saw was part 2 will be released late next year -- which will wrap up book one. I don't believe anything else has been greenlit for production yet.