Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some bad news to report for the Gamecocks football team "3 players suspended from the program"

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
South Carolina football players Monteque Rhames, Anthony Rose, and Cameron Upshaw have all been suspended from the program, according to a release from the school. A reason for the suspension was not given in the press release. Rhames, however, was arrested on Friday morning and was charged with carrying weapons on school property as well as obstructing justice. Charges have not yet been posted on the Richland County website, as of this publishing, for Rose or Upshaw. “Our student-athletes know what is expected of them,” third-year head coach Shane Beamer said in a statement. “They know that both the University and the football program will hold them accountable for their actions and decisions.”

Lets watch how this plays out. I'd bet there will be some pre-trial intervention or something along those lines. If they guys remain on the team, they may remain suspended for part of all of the season but it is still pretty early and plenty of time for more to come out. I'd gotten spoiled by our relatively quiet offseasons in terms of players getting in trouble.

Disappointing.

I just don't understand why they needed weapons on campus?

Because it's a cutthroat world and a dawg has to compete with the other 30K students on campus.

Let's say you want to make the Dean's List and need to go to the Thomas Cooper Library to study so you can do well on an Organic Chemistry zam the next day.

So all the study desks are taken when you get there. Oh snap, what do you do now?

So you pick a desk you want to set in to study, give the person who's using it a dirty look, pull back your coat, and flash your piece.

They poop their drawers and leave and then you have a place to sit down and study for your zam. Problem solved.

LOL