Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some perspective on shaw.

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
It's that time of year, everyone is enjoying our baseball team, but NFL is done... for some of us our NBA team isn't in the playoffs (or your star player got injured cuz your coach is a numbnut like myself), and the draft is on. And you see all the college players youve watched for three to four years. and you start to wish football was here. So i started watching some film on connor shaw. from high school til now. One thing i noticed, is the progression we have gotten every year from this man, and i say man, cuz he is no longer a boy. Coming in, he was a "polished" project. He had the mobility, and a solid arm with the football knowledge of a coaches son. We deffinitely didn't see Stephen getting the boot half way through his senior season, but look at how far connor came.

Southern Miss: comes in, plays in wildcat blocking. Makes a beautiful throw on a rope to DL moore, shows flashes.

Auburn: asked to come in and win a game in the fourth quarter, makes some nice throws, even a ball AJ could have had in the end zone, makes two picks, and the high expectations are somewhat lowered.

Arkansas, comes in, gets blasted, we all think hes too small to play with the big boys in the SEC.

Troy, plays in mop up, does a solid job, but who wouldn't against troy.

Fastforward, spring practice, another Garcia misshap, through summer, and connor fights for the starting job. Wins it, has a terrible first quarter against ECU, gets benched, again, expectations lowered.

Kentucky. Bam. expectations high. Guns a blazin', 4 td's over 300 yards. Expectations higher than ever..

Mississippi State. The Fade. nuff said

Tennessee. The dive. again, should i say more

Florida. beautiful deep ball to ace, makes the plays when he had to.

Citadel. shows his legs on a huge run, 3 td's shows he can dominate weaker opponents.

Clemson. He owned them. 3 td's . 200 yards pass, 100 rush. He put it all together and dominated his rival. He showed that he has that "it" factor about him.

Nebraska. Plays the hands he is dealt. Wide Receivers had no seperation, and he lost his best threat in the third. Got knocked down but not out, got up pumped up and showed he is the leader of this team.

I know its a lot, and i know my format may not be great.. but i think we are seeing the evolution of the greatest quarterback to ever play at USC. He started off as a guy with potential, who was too small, too fragile, behind a guy who was supposed to be "the guy", and he turned slowly before our eyes into a playmaker, a warrior, a quarterback, a leader, but most importantly, he put in everything he had to earn the title of , "the man". Connor Shaw will lead us to the promised land. i truly believe it. Go Connor, and Go cocks.
default_dancincocky.gif