Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Fair

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
It was great to hear that we will be playing out of town when the state fair is here. I think the state fair is neat, but I never liked the game traffic and lack of parking during the state fair.
I will always remember bringing my 4-H club cow to the state fair in 1976. I was 12y.o. I remember asking my dad what that huge building was. He said a football stadium. I did not believe him. I had only once before even been to a HS football stadium. I did watch some on TV but did not realize one could be that big. It only had one upper deck then, but it was just huge to a country boy from Warrenville.
That Saturday my dad came up to me right after I had just finished washing my cow, he said "come on, we are going to see a football game".
I went and saw the Gamecocks for the first time in my life. My dad had gotten us upper-level tickets. I thought it was so special going up that ramp. If I did not love the team so much, I would hate that ramp now. Ole Miss was ranked #16 that game. We beat them 10-7 and I became a permanent SC fan.
Just glad I do not have to deal with the fair this year. Hope some possible future fan does not miss his only chance this year.

This year it will be the A&M game. But you better believe I will be super hyped up for the Ole Miss game.
If my Pa was still alive, I would take him with me. Oddly, he never seemed to be much of a sports fan. I do not remember him going to any other games. I am just thankful he decided to take me to that game.
Also, thankful my sister became an Alum. She convinced me to quit always hoping to find decent seats and just get my season ticket. After twenty years of going to 3 or 4 home games a year, for the last 4 years I make all the home games.

I remember back when your football ticket got you into the State fair for free.