Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swartz and new Gamecocks staff getting strong with their relationship

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Swartz and new Gamecocks staff getting strong with their relationship

SPORTSTALK / September 20, 2022

1663697755236.pngFirst year USC basketball coach Lamont Paris had three key 2024 targets with him Saturday for unofficial visits which featured exposure to the basketball program and taking in the football game with Georgia. Two of them, 6-4 KJ Greene and 6-2 Elijah Crawford, have offers from Paris. The third, 6-4 Austin Swartz of Concord, NC, is in the relative early stages of getting to know Paris and his staff after being recruited by the previous staff headed up by Frank Martin.

“I was getting recruited there before they changed coaches. That was my second time up there,” Swartz said. “They like me a lot. They are going to come down and see me for practices and games and take it from there.”

Swartz is a big two-guard who can score and distribute.

“I think they like what I bring to the table,” Swartz said. “He (Paris) loves people that can shoot the ball. That always makes it easier on offense. He also likes that I’m unselfish and how well I pass. He thinks that’s an underrated part of my game, and I also think that as well.”

Swartz got to spend quality time with Paris and his assistants, as well has hanging out with several of the players. He took away a very positive feeling about the new program, with the interaction between the coaches and the players standing out to him.

“Definitely the bonding of the team and the bonding of the coaches,” Swartz said. “How much they just tell how much they love each other and how much they like being around one another. That’s something you want to be a part of. That’s almost bigger than the basketball piece, trusting your teammates, having fun with your teammates, trusting your coaches. That’s what really stuck out to me the most.”

Clemson also is showing interest in Swartz, and he plans to visit there October 1st. He’s expecting Clemson coaches in to see him this week and USC coaches at a later date. He is going to Georgia October 8th and Virginia Tech October 17th.

Swartz holds offers from Virginia Tech, Houston, Georgia, USF, Radford, Appalachian State, Iona, NC A&T, College of Charleston, Richmond and High Point. He has also visited Appalachian State this fall, and he’s also visited Georgia and Wake Forest in the past.

Last season as a sophomore, Swartz averaged 17 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists per game.