Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The demographics of the crowd have changed and finding tickets is harder.

BigSpur

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
It was really hard to find tickets last night, even though we were only playing UAB and it wasn't a sellout. I didn't see this coming after the stadium was half empty for the ECU game, but I think there are several reasons that I hadn't fully contemplated before.

1)The YES program(the PSLs and the restructuring of the Gamecock Club) changed the demographics of the whole crowd. Its not just a bunch of old people anymore(who would horde the tickets, whereupon you could easily find them for a game like UAB), but a lot of people my age were the majority and their kids. I don't believe that I have seen so many kids(not talking about students here). I think that since these people pay more for their tickets that the old folks used to (who were able to get a lot of tickets due to their longevity in the GC), they either a)use them, b)dispose of them beforehand through giving them away or

2)selling them on social media sites such as this one or facebook or you name it. As such, not many tickets are floating around on gameday. We really got lucky, because there were NO tickets being held up and a lot of people looking. I was shocked. There is no way that would try that for a big game like Mizzou or Georgia.

Anyways, the stadium was a lot more full last night than it was for ECU and everyone stayed until late in the fourth Qtr, even the students