Gamecock Fanatics

Welcome to GamecockFanatics. Please feel free to register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connecting with other members through your own private inbox! and have the privilege of much more we offer here at GamecockFanatics!

The Food That Built America

TheYancey

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
$2,365

I stumbled across this during one of my hospital stays in March. I found it fascinating. Very well conceived and acted. We have just about every one of these products or chains in Brevard. Subway vs Blimpy. Kellogg vs Post. There many great battles for the American taste buds, many of which I had not known. I did know the popcorn story though as I knew Orville and would speak to him at the festival each year. It has taken a lot of innovation and individual drive to get us to today's donuts and burgers

Blitzkrieg

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
$1,147

Yeah I've caught 4-5 of them. Very well done and interesting.

pick6

Fanatics Cash
$26

Very good documentaries and some interesting characters, Milton Hershey being one of them! Dude built a factory and town before having the formula to make milk chocolate. Later, he fired his right hand man after several years of building the company. The guy he fired hooked up with Frank Mars sound and they started M&M's.

Blitzkrieg

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
$1,147

Very good documentaries and some interesting characters, Milton Hershey being one of them! Dude built a factory and town before having the formula to make milk chocolate. Later, he fired his right hand man after several years of building the company. The guy he fired hooked up with Frank Mars sound and they started M&M's.
Yeah that was a good one.

FurmanCock

Grand Poohbah
Fanatics Cash
$997

I didn't see anything in the documentaries about little chocolate doughnuts, the breakfast of champions!