Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The latest from RB Daniel Hill on potential visit to Columbia Saturday and his recruitment

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

The latest from RB Daniel Hill on potential visit to Columbia Saturday and his recruitment​

SPORTSTALK / November 23, 2023
South Carolina coaches would love to have top running back target Daniel Hill of Meridian, MS on hand for Saturday night’s game against Clemson. He has not been to a game in Columbia this 1700742515097.pngseason. He would like to be there to watch the rivalry game, but a firm decision was yet to be made Wednesday night as he and his family prepared to travel to Atlanta for the Thanksgiving holiday.

“The plan is to get down there for the game on Saturday, we’ve just got to figure everything out and plan everything out,” Hill said. “We’ll be going towards that way anyways, so that’s the plan to get down there.”

Having Hill in for the game, which Hill said would “most likely” be the final visit of his recruitment, would certainly be big for the Gamecocks. The last chance to impress a recruit often goes a long way in winning the battle. However, Hill said while he hopes to be in Columbia Saturday, if he can’t make it, that’s not going to hurt the Gamecocks’ chances.

“Honestly, it’s not a real difference maker in my decision, but I would love to get down there for another time to just enjoy honestly,” Hill said.

USC head coach Shane Beamer and running backs coach Monterio Hardesty have been in regular contact with Hill. He said he talked with the Gamecocks again on Tuesday.

“We just talk regular, nothing too crazy, nothing really recruiting or anything like that, we just have normal conversations,” Hill said. “I hear from Tennessee and South Carolina the most.”