Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football The NIL issues will only get worse...

It is going to get very interesting. Are there going to be contracts signed, these kids are going to end up with agents at some point I would assume. Will College football have to take steps at some point to reign it in or do you just let it go and let the teams with the biggest boosters take all of the talent. These kids could potentially start earning more than the NFL with no checks and balances. If they don't perform do they get their NIL money taken away? I think it will get messy before it gets worked out properly. Anyone who did not see this free-for-all happening was not really paying attention.

I hope someone is talking with the NIL athletes about tax withholdings, because otherwise they will be in for a huge surprise.

The NCAA screwed to pooch on this decades ago when they licensed video game rights away that used palyers image and likeness (but not their names) inNCAA Football video games. They cashed in and the players did not get a dime. Nor did they allow any kind of compensation other then scholarships. They are reaping what they sowed.

Having said that, I don’t like it. There are a bunch of ways this could have gone better, but with that lawsuit, there is not shit the NCAA can do about it now. CFB is a huge business and the players deserve some of the revenue. But this is insanity.

It’s gonna be messy. The rich programs will get richer, and everyone else will fight for the scraps. I’m not sure the gamecocks can keep up, Or Climpson for that matter. It will be schools like Bama, Texas, USC (west), Ohio St, LSU, ATM, ND, Michigan, UGA, penn St. and a few others. Team like Fla, UT(Knoxville), Wisconsin, Auburn, etc will try to keep up. And then everyone else (including us and the taters) will be left in the dust.

Spurs it also opens the door for a few teams to come out of the gutter ala SMU or from under the proverbial rug like Oregon or South Carolina if you line yourselves up right... I think you will still have players that don't want to go to work yet and just want to play football, good, really good players that just want to have fun and enjoy college life. The team/coaches that can offer that with the NIL may have a chance to sneak in the good ole boy club but I agree that the teams that already had a money pipeline will prosper and the rich will get richer.

It is going to get very interesting. Are there going to be contracts signed, these kids are going to end up with agents at some point I would assume. Will College football have to take steps at some point to reign it in or do you just let it go and let the teams with the biggest boosters take all of the talent. These kids could potentially start earning more than the NFL with no checks and balances. If they don't perform do they get their NIL money taken away? I think it will get messy before it gets worked out properly. Anyone who did not see this free-for-all happening was not really paying attention.
Kids are already allowed to use agents to facilitate NIL deals. The agent has to be on the marketing side of an agency and cannot handle pro contracts. I imagine that the big agencies will have a pro division and an NIL division.

I have no problems with kids getting a piece of the pie. I think there should be some sort of cap though. A free market with no cap will definitely turn into what you all are already saying...the rich get richer and everybody else struggles trying to get there.

Top NIL deals in 2022
1. Bryce Young qb bama
2. CJ Stroud qb osu
3. Caleb Williams qb so cal
4. Spencer Rattler qb USC
5. Jaxon Smith-Njigba wr osu
6. Will Anderson olb bama
7. Bijan Robinson rb tx
8. Quinn Ewers qb tx
9. Jordan Addison wr so cal
10. Keyshon Boutte wr lsu

Georgia had 12 players in the top 100, Bama and Ohio St 7, Clemson, TX and so cal 5...

The top athletes were basketball and female athletes based on getting paid from Social media, Shareef O'Neal made $10,819 per post...
Times are changing but it appears our thoughts and assumptions were correct based on the short sample

Top NIL deals in 2022
1. Bryce Young qb bama
2. CJ Stroud qb osu
3. Caleb Williams qb so cal
4. Spencer Rattler qb USC
5. Jaxon Smith-Njigba wr osu
6. Will Anderson olb bama
7. Bijan Robinson rb tx
8. Quinn Ewers qb tx
9. Jordan Addison wr so cal
10. Keyshon Boutte wr lsu

Georgia had 12 players in the top 100, Bama and Ohio St 7, Clemson, TX and so cal 5...

The top athletes were basketball and female athletes based on getting paid from Social media, Shareef O'Neal made $10,819 per post...
Times are changing but it appears our thoughts and assumptions were correct based on the short sample
How many for aTm?

Remember the dust-up between and Jimbo and Saban re: NIL?

You really have to win to get the NIL money, if it's even possible in the first place.

Unless it's apparel, I just don't see how these guys make money. Paying them like salaried employees is still a big no-no as far as I know.

Remember the dust-up between and Jimbo and Saban re: NIL?

You really have to win to get the NIL money, if it's even possible in the first place.

Unless it's apparel, I just don't see how these guys make money. Paying them like salaried employees is still a big no-no as far as I know.
It's an endorsement contract for name and likeness, many get social media contracts, they get paid for posts and clicks.
Check this article out showing how early on female athletes like Zia Cooke took advantage of this

So far we have been on the good side and seems the Gamecocks have a handle on it. Have one of the best NIL programs as of now.