Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The tough schedule ahead

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
UGA and the Vols are gone this year, but I don't think that really makes a difference.

Week 3 football schedule.png

We'll be in the Top 15 if we get a couple of good wins against the ranked opponents.

Today in the AP we are #35 with only 10 votes cast for us. Beat LSU this week and we might make #25 but it is still not saying a whole lot about how good we really might be. LSU still has question marks. I sure hope we are ready for them.

The strongest team we play, based on their performances the first two weeks, in my opinion, is Ole Miss. I haven't been overly impressed with anyone else. I'm not saying we will win those games, I just think we have a shot in all of them.

Bama only led USF by a score of 14-13 at the end of the 3rd quarter this past Saturday in Tuscaloosa before scoring 28 points in the 4th for a 42-16 victory.

Saban could just reload every year, but that doesn't work the same with coaches.

Some would say Bama is overrated this year. I think they we can beat Bama if enough pieces of the puzzle come together for us before we play them out there on 10-12.

Funny listening to the LSU sports shows this week, since I'm in La, they are worried about bringing their offense to Willy B to face that Defense because they have issues running the ball and they all can't keep Stewert and Kennard out their mouth. They lost their best runner to injury and there best interior DL, probably best defender, by far best defender by grade.
Funny how a week changes things... they were overlooking the Gamecocks after they beat so cal and even clowning us mentioning wavering fan support and how they would take over Willy B lol 😆 😂 🤣 Between you guys panicking and them poking there chest out I had mixed emotions because I believe we are really talented! It is GAMECOCK football so anything is possible! GO COCKS!!

As hard as I try and take my Garnet glasses off and try to tell myself this is the same team that has let me down so many times before, like last year, I CAN'T.
This team is different. Different players, different coaches, different plays. Just different. Yes, our offense still had a lot of issues last week, but they still scored 3 TD's and a FG against a seasoned UK D. I mean even with issues they scored 24 Points. The D adding 7 more was just icing on the cake.

No glasses on, I just feel this team will beat LSU. LSU has a couple bigtime injuries that will hurt them. Nussmeier has over 600 yards passing and only 1 INT, but this time he faces a much better D secondary with 2 great DE that will be after him. We will get at least 2 INT's if he tries 30+ passes again.
LSU gave up 3 TDs to a FCS team. Basically, what used to be called Div.2 school. I feel our O will do really good against their D.
This will be a high scoring game I just feel we will get more scores than they will.

LSU got beat by #23 SoCal in the Week 1 and then we are their first SEC game of the season.

We have our issues for sure, but I think LSU will be out of sync just enough for us to get the win.

It's a noon kick-off with the effects of Hurricane Francine expected to roll in. I just hope we get the game in without 50 weather delays. First time LSU has been here since 2008, but remember a hurricane forced the last game here to Baton Rouge instead. Either Michael or Florence.