Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This will be the best offense Spurrier has had at USC

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Here's why:

We have 5 really good RBs this year. We will have fresh legs in at all times, which means they're going to do their real damage in the 4th when the D is a half step slower.

We have a versatile QB. Shaw can make things happen with his legs and his arm, and isn't afraid to use either. I think we'll see a slight dip in the number of runs he makes, but only because he's going to be more effective throwing the ball.

We have really good TEs. I think we'll see a number of 2 TE sets this year, and I think it will be very very efficient.

We have some really fast WRs. I think the passing plays we run this year will look a lot different than in the previous couple. I think we're going to see a lot more slants than we have in the past, and we're going to look downfield a bit more frequently than we have as well.

Basically, I think Spurrier has a lot more toys to play with now than he ever has. He can legitimately go with a 2 back set, 2 TEs, bunch up his burners, run end arounds and reverses, and more. This is going to cause headaches for opposing defenses, and I just don't think they're going to have the personnel to match up.

My prediction is we'll rank in the top 10 in offense this year.

Last edited by a moderator: