Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on the LSU game.

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I really feel that if our D can play as strong as they did against UK, and our O continues to improve, we will be able to upset LSU.

I mean, they gave up 3 TDs to an FCS school.
From LSU, Garrett Nussmeier's completed 27 of 37 passes for 302 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions. That is what is scary. Can our secondary stop that? Can we get 2 or 3 INT's?
I really feel if we can get an INT early, it will make them try and change their strategy and quit throwing so much. They rushed the ball 21 times for only 65 yards. If we can limit the passing game and make them try to rush more, we might be able to shut them down like we did UK. UK got a lot of yards rushing on us, but we did limit their passing game.
If we can shut down that QB passing, we will win this game. If their D does not improve a lot, Sellers will have his best day yet. I do not think we will blow them away like we did UK but I do feel we can get another big win, 28-21 Gamecocks

Another thought...I hate how bad the traffic will be Saturday with Gameday being there but look forward to the sellout stadium supporting our Gamecocks. Gameday being at Gamecock Park, will make the crowd even worse around the Gamecock Walk. I don't know if I will even get around all of that.
I am just going to get there about 8 that morning and to try and beat a lot of that traffic. I will do some more tailgating post-game and let the traffic clear up before I try to leave.

IIRC didn't their starting RB tear an ACL in practice last week and is now out for the season?

I think we're at a nexus of a great recruiting class, including portal transfers, and once-younger players maturing and figuring stuff out, at least on defense. I am sure it will happen on offense, too, but defense is what keeps us in games.

There's really not a lot of old videos of Morrison's teams out there for different reasons, but this team has the same vibe as the 1984 team. We have had the throwback unis out there for a while now, but not the throwback coaching and recruiting.

It's taken Shane one-to-two years longer to find the handle because he's never been an HC anywhere before coming here. Realistically that's going to have a negative effect on recruiting until he proves himself as a HC, which I thought he did in the 2022 season, but the new transfer rules kinda cancelled that out in the bowl game and 2023.

The game looks like it will be broadcast nationally on ABC again. We have a pretty tough schedule this year, just like the '84 team did as well. Wo, Nelly.

Tough matchup this week. Definitely the best OL and QB our D has faced this year. Great test to see where we really are. Offensively we still need tons of improvement across the board but mainly up front and on the perimeter. Cannot have negative or zero yard plays and we had quite a few non productive downs vs UK. Helpful that it’s a home but we have to get some momentum early and keep the crowd into it.

I think Kai's mentioning the buzz causing guys coming in to do extra work speaks volumes about where this team is potentially heading this season.

One game at a time, but if we beat LSU and realistically the home SEC games will be sold out the rest of the season at some point.

Crazy how a week changes things... Our DE's v lsu's OT's will be an elite match up, if our DE's can win that battle this can be a special year!
Our offense and Sellers showed improvement in a week, I expect to see a heavy dose of running Sellers on the outside and Sanders off tackle with some chunk pass plays out of play action. I thought Sellers showed that Cam Newton RPO look several times last week and he looked comfortable doing so with nothing but success.