Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UGA loses another top football recruit

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
UGA lost one WR commitment on Thursday, and may be in danger of losing another one in the future.

Demarre Kitt, a junior from Sandy Creek High School, backed off his pledge to UGA on Thursday. He had been committed to the Bulldogs since last April. Kitt is considered one of the state’s top juniors, ranked as the nation’s No. 127 overall junior by 247sports.com.

“I think I committed too early; Clemson and USC are still recruiting me hard, and I still want to give them a fair chance,” Kitt told the AJC.

The 6-foot, 190-pounder said he called to inform UGA wide receivers coach Tony Ball. “Yes, I talked to Coach Ball. He just said he understands and still wants to recruit me. He understands that I made a quick decision to commit based off emotion.”

If it’s any consolation, UGA is now listed in Kitt’s top three, along with Clemson and USC.

Kitt has not sit a timeline for his final decision. “I don’t know for sure. But I know the next

UGA lost one WR commitment on Thursday, and may be in danger of losing another one in the future.

Because Kitt is just a junior, his situation is nowhere near the priority status for UGA as WR Tramel Terry, who has already committed twice to the Bulldogs.

The 4-star from South Carolina’s Goose Creek High School quietly made an official visit to Clemson last weekend, which created speculation that he made switch his commitment for a third time.

“It wouldn’t surprise me,” Goose Creek coach Chuck Reedy told a reporter. Click here read more.

UGA has now lost four recruits over the last few months – 5-star RB Derrick Henry (now committed to Alabama), OL Trenton Brown (undecided), WR Kyrin Priester (NC State) and Kitt. Also, DT Kelsey Griffin publicly committed to UGA three weeks ago and had it rejected by the Bulldogs later that day.He pledged to South Carolina on Tuesday.

link: http://bleacherrepor...aign=recruiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. The blowout continues to impress young players..