Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USC eyeing another big man Jordan Dickerson (thread)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
USC basketball coach Frank Martin has one seven-footer in the fold for the 2012 class and is working another one. Jordan Dickerson is actually 7-1, and a source said Tuesday the Gamecocks have a 50-50 shot at landing him. Dickerson attends the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL. He is from Brooklyn where he played at Abraham Lincoln High School. He is close friends with USC commitment Thaddeus Hall. Villanova and Georgetown are two other schools showing interest according to the source. Dickerson's coach at IMG said he's not a finished product but has some offensive skills and gets better daily. He added that Dickerson is a good help defender and shot blocker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Dickerson is a legend, really.
default_acute.gif

Dickerson ready to take official visits

7-1 center Jordan Dickerson of Brooklyn said Wednesday night he recently received a qualifying ACT score and can now begin to set up official visits. And he said USC will be right in the mix. “I’m definitely giving South Carolina consideration,” he said. “They are one of my top picks for a visit. I talked to Coach Martin a couple of days ago. He said there is a scholarship there for me.” Dickerson said he probably will start taking visits in a couple of weekends. “I’m looking for a school that can develop me and is the best fit for me,” said Dickerson who attends the IMG Academy in Florida. Providence, Dayton, VCU, Florida State and Georgetown are other schools he has heard from. He wants to take some visits before he makes a decision. Last season Dickerson said he averaged 11 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks per game. Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120509/PSPORTS02/120509624/-1/PSPORTS

Jordan Dickerson to take first visit this weekend

7-1 center Jordan Dickerson of Alexandria, VA will make an official visit to Providence this weekend. Dickerson currently attends the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL and is being recruited by USC. His uncle told the New York Post Dickerson will make at least two other official visits before making his decision. He did not identify those other visits. Dickerson also ha offers from Auburn, Dayton, DePaul, South Florida, and VCU. He's also drawn interest from St. John's, Arkansas and Florida State. Dickerson attended two years of high school at Lincoln High School in Brooklyn and is close friends with USC commitment Thaddeus Hall. Interest in him spiked recently after he earned a qualifying test score.

Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120516/PSPORTS02/120519738/-1/PSPORTS

Dickerson to visit Providence next week

7-1 Jordan Dickerson of Alexandria, VA spent the weekend in New York competing in a tournament. He will go to Dallas this coming weekend for another tournament, and then he will take an official visit to Providence on Monday according to his uncle Darrell Crawford who is assisting him with his recruiting. Crawford said the plan is to also schedule official visits with USC and Auburn though no timetable for that has been set. Crawford said many other schools have jumped in on Dickerson since he qualified including St. Johns, Arkansas, Dayton, DePaul and South Florida, but it's USC, Providence and Auburn which have been showing the strongest interest the longest. Dickerson said last week he favors the Friars right now but his uncle said no decision will be made until the visits are taken.

link: http://www.goupstate...9944/-1/psports

Dickerson sets visit to USC

7-1 center Jordan Dickerson of Alexandria, VA will make his first official visit this week when he goes to Providence Tuesday and Wednesday. And Sunday he will be at USC for an official visit. Dickerson has a tournament in New York this weekend. If he's not in the title game, he will leave for Columbia Sunday morning. If he is, he will head south Sunday night. Auburn is another school Dickerson has been considering but he doesn't have plans for a visit there right now.

link: http://www.goupstate...9659/-1/PSPORTS