Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, what is this nation coming to?????

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Right on the heels of the shooting at the school last week, and here on Christmas Eve, firemen respond to a housefire in NY and they are shot at with two killed and two injured. I feel so sorry for these families having to deal with this huge loss. I hope they catch the sick, lowlife SoB that did it.

Two firefighters shot and killed while responding to Webster, N.Y. fire

Two firefighters were shot and killed and two others injured while responding to an early morning fire in Webster, N.Y.

Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said shots were fired at West Webster firefighters when they arrived to battle the blaze along Lake Road in Webster, which is about 10 miles west of Rochester.

According to the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, there are no active shooters at the scene and firefighters have resumed battling the blazes, according to Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn.

The two injured firefighters are in guarded condition at Strong Memorial Hospital with gunshot wounds, a hospital spokeswoman told the Democrat & Chronicle. The newspaper reported firefighters made their way across a bridge to get to safety.

The morning scene was described as chaotic as police and firefighters dealt with an immense blaze as well as gunshots, local news station WHAM-TV reports. The station also reports the firefighters who are involved are volunteer firefighters.

"I'm not aware of anything like this happening in Webster, obviously not a firefighter being fired upon," Webster Fire Marshal Rob Boutillier told the Democrat & Chronicle.

There at least three houses that have been damaged by the fire along Lake Road, WHAM-TV reported. Firefighters had to leave the scene and stop battling the blazes while police secured the scene. They are back to fighting the fires, the station reports.

More details are expected to come from officials in an upcoming media briefing.