Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WR Jayden McGowan commits to South Carolina

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

WR Jayden McGowan commits to South Carolina

Dec 13, 2023

1702497646210.pngFrom the moment Vanderbilt wide receiver and South Carolina native Jayden McGowan entered the transfer portal, it made sense for the Gamecocks to pursue the Laurens (S.C.) graduate.

After an official visit over the weekend, McGowan has decided to come home, announcing a commitment to the Gamecocks on Wednesday. South Carolina offered McGowan last Monday and he quickly set an official visit to Columbia.

McGowan was overlooked by the Gamecocks and Clemson coming out of Laurens High School and signed with Vandy.

The 5-foot-8, 181-pounder emerged as one of Vanderbilt’s top receivers and primary kickoff returner during his two seasons in Nashville. McGowan accumulated 80 catches for 836 yards and three touchdowns during those two seasons to go along with 160 yards on the ground and 845 yards as a kickoff returner.

“They said I’m going to be in the slot, but he said I’m going to be used multiple ways,” McGowan said last week after receiving his offer from receivers coach Justin Stepp. “I can see myself moving around going outside, into the backfield, things like that.”

McGowan added that the fans have only gotten a glimpse of what he can do in an offense.

“I feel like there’s a lot more for me to show,” McGowan said. “I’m proud of my ability and I feel I can show more on film and even on the stat sheet. I just want to keep doing that in the future.”

Last edited: