Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WR Keylen Adams to make final official visit before decision next month

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

WR Keylen Adams to make final official visit before decision next month​

SPORTSTALK / June 23, 2023
1687555728396.pngWR Keylen Adams (6-2 185) of Virginia Beach, VA is one of the receivers USC receivers coach Justin Stepp has zeroed in on for the 2024 class. Adams paid an unofficial visit to USC earlier this month. That will be his only in person look at the Gamecocks before his commitment announcement July 13th.

“When I go (on visits), I like to talk to the players as much as I can, because the coaches are going to coach me and stuff like that, but the actual players there, I will relate closer to them,” Adams said. “They were all telling me it was very good. Academically they are good. Football wise, everything you need is there on campus in the facility. They were just confirming everything that the coaches were telling me.”

“They feel like I can be an impact player early,” Adams said. “I could kind of make things happen at the program. They were telling me how they would use me in the system. Honesty, I feel like that’s a good fit for me. So far, it’s been pretty good talking to them. When I talked to Stepp, I asked him if he thought I would play more inside or outside, and he told me wherever the ball is going.”

Last weekend Adams took an official visit to Alabama, and the Crimson Tide gave him something to think about as well.

“The mentality that they have really stood out,” Adams said. “And the weight room, there’s no way you can mess up. They have everything there for you.”

This weekend Adams will take his final official visit to Virginia Tech. He has also taken unofficial visits to Ohio State and Pitt. He had planned an official to Pitt but had to cancel because his mother couldn’t make it. The schools he visited make up his final five as he works on his decision for next month.

“I feel like I’m getting closer to making the final decision out of the top five,” Adams said. “I’m going to take this time to go to this last official and then after that I’ll have about three weeks to really get everything together and make sure on this decision I want to make.”

The Gamecocks have one wide receiver commitment in their class and remain actively involved with five others, including Adams, at this point.

Last season Adams caught 41 passes for 1030 yards and 16 touchdowns.