Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Team Playoff starting in the 2026 season

I'm curious as tp how a 12 team playoff would work. Would the top four teams get a bye? Otherwise, it would go 12 to 6 and 6 to 3. The math doesn't work that way.

I hate it. At least make it either an 8 or 16 team playoff. Under a 12 game format the top 4 seeded teams get a bye. This is a HUGE advantage in football.

I thought the top 4 conference champions get a bye in this new system? I'm good with expanding the playoff, but the top 4 teams should get a bye, regardless of if they're conference champions. I don't particularly care for byes in a playoff though. Imo, no team should get that much of an advantage in the playoffs.

I think this is just the step before 16 or more. This is a huge money making opportunity, and they won't pass it up for long.

Personally, I like it. I think we we will be in this playoff in a few years.

I'm curious as tp how a 12 team playoff would work. Would the top four teams get a bye? Otherwise, it would go 12 to 6 and 6 to 3. The math doesn't work that way.
Well, I see now the top four get byes. I like this. I think a big plus is we won't have as many top players sitting out of the bowl games.