Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Class - C Christian Reeves

ConwayGamecock

Administrator
Fanatics Cash
7-1 center Christian Reeves reviews official visit with Gamecocks

STRecruiting | June 30, 2021

christian-reeves.jpg

2022 Prospect 7-1 C Christian Reeves

7-1 center Christian Reeves of The Cannon School in Charlotte was definitely the “big man” on campus at USC the last two days. Reeves was in for his official visit with Frank Martin and his staff. He had been to see them previously on unofficial visits, and this time he got a lot more detail about their plans for him should he choose to join.

“I’m a focal point for him,” Reeves said.  “I’m a player that he really wants.  He’s going to push me to get better in practice.  Practice is going to be harder than the games.  I just need to come in and work and good things will happen for me. The facilities were great.  The coaching staff was great and has a lot to offer and can help me achieve my goals. I was feeling great about them before, and it’s still the same way. I’ve been down there a few times and I’ve built a great relationship with the coaching staff.  I’m starting to find my way around the facilities.  I’ve definitely enjoyed my time that I’ve spent down there.”

USC certainly looks to be a player for Reeves as his recruiting heats up. But it’s too soon for him to start considering favorites.

“I’m not going to make any type of decision at the earliest I would say the fall, but it probably will be a little bit longer than that,” Reeves said. “But they are definitely high on my list.  I’m going to take some more unofficials.  This was my first official.  Just wanted to get one in before the junior year end since you get five and five.  I’ll definitely be taking some more officials this fall, possibly in the spring depending on how everything goes.”

Reeves said Clemson, Pitt and Virginia Tech have been talking with him about unofficial visits. They have not offered. Some of his other offers are Tulsa, East Carolina, Lehigh, USF, Charlotte, Boston University and East Tennessee State.