Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4-star WR Jonathan Paylor's choices is made

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

4-star WR Jonathan Paylor's choices is made

August 03

1691063123487.pngSouth Carolina supporters will be on dual commitment watch Friday at 6:00 PM. 2024 4-star WR Jonathan Paylor (5-9 170lbs) of Burlington, NC, and 2026 Landon Duckworth of Jackson, AL have set that time for their respective commitment announcements. Paylor will do a live stream on YouTube from his high school, and Duckworth just plans to post his announcement on social media.

Paylor’s decision was between South Carolina, NC State, and North Carolina. Wednesday night he said he had made the decision but had not informed the schools. In fact, he said he made his decision roughly four days after his final official visit which was to South Carolina the weekend of June 23rd.

“After I finished the official visits, me and my family sat at a big glass table and then we talked about the pros and cons of the colleges,” Paylor said. “We determined which ones could fit me as a student-athlete and fit my parents for how far it is (distance-wise). Every school I have up there is close enough that they can get to me and see me. For me, it’s like, ok, they’re good on that part, so now we’ve got to see which one makes them comfortable and which one makes me comfortable. It was one big agreement. They kind of had an idea of where I should go. Once I told them, they were like okay Jon, that was a great idea.”

So, since the end of June, Paylor has indeed known where he wanted to go to college.

“I’ve been sitting on it to see if anything changes, but nothing has changed,” Paylor said. “The love is still consistent. The people are very caring, so they kind of sold my mind on that, so now I’m just sitting here waiting till Friday.”

Paylor said for his part, the closeness he felt to the coaching staff is why he chose the school he will announce for.

“The family part,” Paylor said. “The family part played a huge deal in my recruitment. I put my heart, I put my trust into the coaches that I’m dealing with. And the academic part of it has played a good part too.”

Paylor did take advantage of last week’s live period to visit NC State on Friday and North Carolina on Saturday.

“For me, it was fun to get back to them because they are good people also,’ Paylor said. “Those are the type of schools that’s any kid’s dream. For me, (North) Carolina is a great academic school, so it’s crazy hard to get in there. And State is also a big-time football program, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Those two programs are the best in the state, so overall, just getting back to those programs helped me in my recruitment.”

Last edited: