Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$48,000

7 straight losing weeks for the stock market. Has not happened since 2001. hopefully things will straighten out sooner then later.
My Edward Jones guy moved all of my stuff to pretty conservatives stocks a couple of years ago because of my pending retirement, I'm 68. I'm still taking a beating even with those moves. I don't like what I'm hearing about stock futures either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found gas for $4.05/gallon topped off my commuter and wife's car.

My wife and I have been saving to build a house, hoping were not making a mistake by locking in a rate now, but scared to wait much longer.

Found gas for $4.05/gallon topped off my commuter and wife's car.

My wife and I have been saving to build a house, hoping were not making a mistake by locking in a rate now, but scared to wait much longer.
The wife and I were out earlier grocery shopping and we passed a station with a posted listing of $4.09. We filled up as well, the station across the street was posted at $4.29. It's damn sad when you think you got a "break" on 4.09 a gallon. smh

The wife and I were out earlier grocery shopping and we passed a station with a posted listing of $4.09. We filled up as well, the station across the street was posted at $4.29. It's damn sad when you think you got a "break" on 4.09 a gallon. smh
$4.39/gal here. Only putting 8 gallons in the tank since I work close to home.

$4.39/gal here. Only putting 8 gallons in the tank since I work close to home.
Yeah... The truck uses premium ( per manufacturer) it's been pretty much parked, save trash runs and feed runs.

Price of allstock has also gone up, as has chicken feed. We're seeing the increase in the grocery store as well...

Keep an eye on inventory. High inventory is the red flag (economic downturn = forclosures re: 2008).
Right now, seems a lot of buyers are getting priced out of the market due to low inventory/inflated prices. This has to normalize first.
Wise investors are making tons of $$ in all of this. 😲
Good call! We keep having banks trying to get us to refi and cash out and I told them to pound sand…I just hate my property taxes are going up but it seems that banks are back in business of predatory lending

Good call! We keep having banks trying to get us to refi and cash out and I told them to pound sand…I just hate my property taxes are going up but it seems that banks are back in business of predatory lending
I have had the same problem to the point where I had to turn off the email notifications, but I still get the hard copies of refi offers for some reason.

I have also heard that there are a lot of mergers and acquisitions in the temporary storage facility business. I believe those companies are banking on a recession that forces people to store their belongings while they are transitioning to a new job in another city after losing their current one.

There are so many variables to a potential recession, though.

The other thing is my life insurance company wants to jack me with higher payments or else my policy will mature in 2032. Not sure if that is part of the big money grab or not.

I have had the same problem to the point where I had to turn off the email notifications, but I still get the hard copies of refi offers for some reason.

I have also heard that there are a lot of mergers and acquisitions in the temporary storage facility business. I believe those companies are banking on a recession that forces people to store their belongings while they are transitioning to a new job in another city after losing their current one.

The other thing is my life insurance company wants to jack me with higher payments or else my policy will mature in 2032. Not sure if that is part of the big money grab or not.
Is that term or whole life insurance? I don’t understand how they can change a payment after the policy is in force

That usually costs extra...