Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Brief Clueless Assessment of the 2015 Gamecocks

picknroll

Regal Premier Gamecock
Fanatics Cash
Last years defense scared us all. Why did none of us anticipate how weak we would be on the D Line? Nevertheless, I think the talent infusion addresses that weakness very adequately and even if it's not the strength of our defense, it is certainly not to be a weakness as it was last season. And at linebacker and defensive backfield I think we could make a case for having some of the most talented individual players but also an overall talented core of players with pretty good experience, leadership, and depth. I also think Hoke is going to make us more cohesive and tight on defense. We will look like we have a scheme. Our scheme last season was panic and pandemonium. 

On offense, the one area I have been most disappointed in is our line. Prior to last season, I had been led to believe we had talent and depth on the O line, but as the season progressed I was shocked at the lack of athleticism and the slowness of the O line. Don't want to single out any individuals but if the guy who rhymes with candy is our great hope we are in big trouble. We have some young guys who should be given an opportunity to see if they can play because it's hard to envision how we are going to succeed if we have D linemen just running right by and around our linemen again this season. It's hard for me to have confidence in a quarterback who can't run for dear life when he is unprotected a good bit of the time so my hope is that Nunez will be given a chance to play as a freshman. Running backs look great. I'm very excited although I know they won't get the ball as much as I would like. Any of them - Wilson, Wilds, Denson, or Turner could do a great job - and I think our line could succeed - if we ran the ball about 50 - 60% of the time, but that'll never happen. Receivers all look good, esp Pharoh, and we've got some tall targets, too, but experience seems to be a little thin. Nevertheless, how great is it to have Jerell Adams to throw the ball to when all else fails? I think that guy's sensational.

I really don't know that much about football, but my quick assessment is that the defense is going to have to carry the offense. If the offense can wake up, get some good play calling, and not make too many mistakes, we might be ok. Does anyone else wonder what's going to happen in that opener? If we make it by UNC and Kentucky, the bellweather game for the season is, of course, in Athens the next week. We play that game on ESPN on National TV and if we leave there 3-0, I think we'll be feeling pretty good about ourselves. If we go 3-2 against GA, MIzou, LSU, A&M, and UT, I think we'll win the rest, so I'm out on the limb for 10 victories, but we might get 8 or 9 instead, which exceeds what most prognosticators think we'll do anyway.

So I think we're a little better than most folks think we'll be - 8-10 victories and I predict we will annihilate PHLEGMson 78-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like your out look. Tend to agree with what you have written..

Did you agree with that PHLEGMson score? 
rolleye0018_r191677.gif