Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on the visitors? Williams, Merrick, Arnette, Alexander

BigSpur

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Really hoping that T Williams & mom have a good visit coming off that Notre Dame trip. Hopefully, we can put to rest any of the concerns that seemed to have our fans worried from the buzz that was a week ago with Williams & he & mom get a good look / tour of the Dodie & meet academic support staff as education is something she's big on & I believe he potentially projects to enroll early. I'd really love to get either T. Williams, Shaw or Scarlett in the class with hopefully AJ Turner. That would be a great RB haul.

I also hope Arnette commits. That would put us at 3 out of the 4 DB spots for this class. It will also only help with Scarlett who sounds like is still pretty interested & trying to visit soon.

Hopefully, we make a big impression on Merrick as well & neutralize the hard trend to UF. I would love to see Merrick & Bailey round out the '15 OL class.

Finally, it sounds like Alexander will commit if we push this weekend & while I completely trust Grady Brown, who's been 1 of the best in the bizz at identifying good DB's earlier than other schools, I hope we stay pat at DB right now as if Arnette commits indeed, that leaves 1 spot. We are still very much in the game with quiet a few solid DB's like Carlton Davis, Jalen Thompson, Rashard Causey, Jeremy McDuffie, Octavis Johnson, Mike Hughes, Micah Abernathy & even possibly Tyrek Cole. I just feel like we can be really selective with that last DB spot & would like to see us let it play out with it being so early. Aside from those guys I mentioned, we always seem to garner interest from prospects, sometimes elite ones later in the process whether a de-committed guy, late bloomer or just someone that gains interest during/after a great USC season. I think about guys like Mike Davis, Ace Sanders, Skai Moore, Debo Samuel, Chris Lammons & others. Cole & Fitzpatrick have both talked of potential OV's to USC & these other guys are still pretty open as again, it's very early in the process.

I also have to wonder if this guy isn't someone we may could get later in the cycle. I also think given the class we signed @ DB in '14, Fields, Wilder & Arnette ( probably ) so far here in '15, that spot isn't a huge priority & we can afford to wait & try to land an elite talent or at least see if we can get Davis 1st. Anyways, obviously if Brown gives him the last spot with those guys interested, some even naming us as their leader, he obviously feels the guy is a real player & is as good / better than those afore mentioned DB's. I'm just particularly interested to see how things play out with C. Davis, J. Thompson & maybe Tyrek Cole later on as I could see him potentially being like Lammons last year. Anyone else agree or hoping for an Alexander commitment ?

Anyways, pretty nice group this weekend & judging by last weekend's camp, commits & unofficial visitors the past few weeks, prospects scheduled to visit this next month & overall success we're having on the trail, I anticipate the "Black Magic," Showcase Camp being a big hit this yr

Williams and Mom had a good visit, got all questions answered. He said we are in it but wouldn't name leaders.