Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Blitzkrieg

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
About 6 months ago I get home from work and I ask Mrs B what we got in the mail and she says mostly junk but you got a magazine.  Huh?  A magazine?  What magazine?  She points to it and I pick it up and it's "Food and Wine" magazine.  Huh?

I look at her waiting for the punch line and I can tell by the look on her face that she's as mystified as I am.  I certainly didn't subscribe to it and she didn't so how did I get it?  I mean it's got my name on the shipping label, not a generic Occupant label.  I certainly haven't bought any wine in prolly decades.  I don't drink liquor, I don't go to Green's or Morganelli's or any place that.  I chalk it up as a one time delivery promotional type thing.

Six months later and I'm still getting it every month but the clincher came Saturday when another magazine arrived but this time it was addressed to Mrs B.  The magazine was "Cigar Aficionado."  WTH?????????????????? 

Yeah, at one time we were getting something like Architectural Digest or something along those lines without any clue as to how or why it started showing up.  I think I finally determined it came through as one of the "benefits" from a credit card we had.

I once randomly got Rolling Stone for a while. Then they kept sending me notices that it was time to renew. I never did. I think they must use it as a tactic to get you into the magazine and hope you will start paying a subscription.  

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably make more in advertising than in subscriptions. Advertisers may want to see legit people and addresses.

The one print magazine I still subscribe to is Whiskey Advocate which is quarterly and because I once gave a gift subscription to my dad I think I have the next 2 years paid for $11. 

But I think it’s through that subscription that we also get some random home improvement magazine that I didn’t sign up for. 

Well, at least the Mrs. didn't get a random Penthouse or something smutty!
True story I had a subscription to Playboy when we first got married and for a few years after until before we had kids. Funny because I still have issues and I am the cliche of finding old issues in your dads closet.