Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athlon projections for 2023 SEC

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
EAST

1. Georgia Bulldogs (13-0, 8-0)
  2. Tennessee Volunteers (9-3, 5-3)
  3. Kentucky Wildcats (8-4, 4-4)
  4. South Carolina Gamecocks (7-5, 4-4)
  5. Florida Gators (5-7, 3-5)
  6. Missouri Tigers (6-6, 2-6)
  7. Vanderbilt Commodores (4-8, 1-7)
WEST

1. Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1, 8-0)
  2. LSU Tigers (10-2, 6-2)
  3. Texas A&M Aggies (8-4, 4-4)
  4. Ole Miss Rebels (8-4, 4-4)
  5. Arkansas Razorbacks (7-5, 3-5)
  6. Mississippi State Bulldogs (6-6, 2-6)
  7. Auburn Tigers (6-6, 2-6)

Agree with this, but, if Carolina wants to make a push, gonna have to start winning 9-10 games to get to the top.. 7-8 will not bring in multiple high caliber players.

Agree with this, but, if Carolina wants to make a push, gonna have to start winning 9-10 games to get to the top.. 7-8 will not bring in multiple high caliber players.
I think Shane is one of those coaches who will benefit from the portal more than others.

I’m hoping this team continues to over perform against expectations. If Dowell Logains can get Rattler to consistently play like he did at the end of last season, I don’t see why we wouldn’t move up to 3 or even 2 in the East.

Yes, i also think Sellers has a lot of upside to him and i hate to say this but Doty will not beat Sellers out next year.
I believe Dowell should put in packages that leverage the athleticism of both Doty and Joyner and just drop kick the every lovin' sheot out of opposing defenses.

In addition to the regular stuff with Rattler, of course.

Our offense has the potential to be very exciting if it is done right. I believe we will start off playing like kinda goofy we did in the bowl game and hopefully be doing it right after the UGA game. First time I have been excited about Gamecock football in a while.

I wonder which SEC game they expect Vandy to win? I agree with Kingofnerf In all a fair accessment, but with quality play from the team we have it could easily improve.

As long as the team is managed properly during the game, I expect us to be pretty solid this year due to the talent Shane has brought in. Aside from athleticism, embracing and retaining what you learn from the coaches is the difference between the 4-5* guys and the lower-level recruits. So recruiting the right talent is part of it.

However, I would also say that great coaches win with what they have and know how to get the 2-3* guys to improve enough to be competitive at the next level.

I think we're going to see a solid football team the likes of which we haven't seen since the 33-6 years as long as they are coached properly in the games.

EAST

1. Georgia Bulldogs (13-0, 8-0)
  2. Tennessee Volunteers (9-3, 5-3)
  3. Kentucky Wildcats (8-4, 4-4)
  4. South Carolina Gamecocks (7-5, 4-4)
  5. Florida Gators (5-7, 3-5)
  6. Missouri Tigers (6-6, 2-6)
  7. Vanderbilt Commodores (4-8, 1-7)
WEST

1. Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1, 8-0)
  2. LSU Tigers (10-2, 6-2)
  3. Texas A&M Aggies (8-4, 4-4)
  4. Ole Miss Rebels (8-4, 4-4)
  5. Arkansas Razorbacks (7-5, 3-5)
  6. Mississippi State Bulldogs (6-6, 2-6)
  7. Auburn Tigers (6-6, 2-6)
Start off by beating UNC decisively and build from the monetum each week. O should be able to put up points with hopefully an improved D.