Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bachelor guy chili

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
I have been wanting to try this for a while and finally did it today.

I cooked two hamburgers on the George Foreman grill yesterday and had a half pound of meat left over, so here it is:

• 1 can of Bush's chili beans in mild chili sauce. Heat and let simmer in sauce pan.
  • Cook two full-size hamburger patties on a George Foreman grill.  Dice the meat on a plate and pour into the sauce pan.
  • Mix in 1/2 bottle of Heinz' chili sauce (12 oz. bottle).  Stir and let simmer for a few minutes to season the meat.

Ate it with regular Sun Chips and Sprite.   I must say everything tended to complement everything else from a gastronomic standpoint.  I have a bottle of Cayenne pepper powder that I might use to spice things up a bit if needed, but not yet.

I purposely kept the portions small to test with, but next time I will use a full pound of meat, two cans of chili beans, and the whole bottle of chili sauce so I can reheat and eat throughout the week for lunch as needed.  That should make enough if people come over for a visit as well.

Put your own chili recipes on the thread if you would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it bachelor guy Chili because it's easy to make, or because there is no one around to smell the aftermath?

I usually just wing it on the Chili. Typically I will make turkey chili sometime after thanksgiving. I boil the carcass leftover from the fried turkey, with all the leftover Cajun seasoning and make a stock. This will go in the freezer until I am ready to make the chili. 

I pull it out, and then just start adding stuff, 3-4 different cans of beans, chili powder, garlic, onion, etc. I pretty much just wing it. Comes out great. 

Is it bachelor guy Chili because it's easy to make, or because there is no one around to smell the aftermath?

I usually just wing it on the Chili. Typically I will make turkey chili sometime after thanksgiving. I boil the carcass leftover from the fried turkey, with all the leftover Cajun seasoning and make a stock. This will go in the freezer until I am ready to make the chili. 

I pull it out, and then just start adding stuff, 3-4 different cans of beans, chili powder, garlic, onion, etc. I pretty much just wing it. Comes out great. 
I cook wings frequently and save all of the tips and bones for that same purpose.

As for a recipe, I use a variation on this guy's recipe:

Mine doesn't have pork chops or Lil Smokies in it, but I do like to put in some braised stew meat and chorizo. If it's on sale, I might toss in some andouille too. I also blend all of my vegetables into a sauce instead of leaving them in large chunks.

There are many ways to make chili. Some like beans, some don't. I like beans in my chili. 
Competition chili disagrees with you.

Make what you like and enjoy it but it's not actually chili 😂. It's OK, I don't like baked mac and cheese.

Last edited by a moderator: