Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caleb Williams in the Portal

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
I just saw the OU quarterback Caleb Williams  has entered the portal. This is a shocker. I guess Riley's departure is more of a problem that first thought. Rattler's leaving wasn't that shocking as he didn't want to be a backup, but Williams was going to be the starter. I did see there's a highly touted freshman coming in from high school. I guess losing his coach and having to compete with a freshman was just too much for him to handle. 

Any player that makes more money than a coach will be prone to not listening to any AC who makes less than said athlete.

NIL money brings the NFL ego issues to NCAAF.

I would rather we didn't pay NIL to any athlete who has not played at least one season with us, if at all.

Just because the NIL money is allowed, that doesn't necessarily mean a program should roll over and do it. JMO

An athlete should come into a program and play well enough to receive NIL money from sources other than their respective athletic programs.

I believe that is the primary intent of NIL.

This is how the GOAT is helping athletes through the NIL.

This is the way the NIL should be done instead of college programs paying athletes outrageous amounts of money to play for them.

Tom Brady is tapping into the name, image and likeness (NIL) space with nine NCAA athletes and one newly drafted athlete to launch his new apparel brand, Brady.

These athletes will "represent the brand while amplifying their collective voices to uplift the next generation of young athletes," the company said in a statement Thursday.

Brady apparel will be available on bradybrand.com on Jan. 12 and will be available in select Nordstrom stores beginning Jan. 19.

"Having these ten athletes represent our first Brady campaign is really special," the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback and co-founder of the brand said. "They are hardworking and driven players in the early stages of their careers and each one of them embodies the spirit and ethos in which our brand was founded."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/12/16/tom-brady-launches-apparel-brand-taps-into-name-image-likeness/8923609002/

So Aggie "boosters" spent between $25-$30 million on coordinated, targeted NIL deals for the upcoming class?  Madness!  The moon is made of cheese.

Assuming a recruiting class is 1/4 of a team's size, in 4 years the Aggie's team roster is going to have a team "salary" somewhere north of $100 million????

Last edited by a moderator: