Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the football team eke out 6 wins this year?

Blitzkrieg

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
I don't know man, I keep looking at that schedule and there's zero room for error. If we don't beat UK in week 2 things could get ugly. If we go worse than 6 - 6 what (if anything) does that mean for Coach Beamer?

Unless there are major improvements up front on both lines of scrimmage, getting to 6 will be very difficult. There’s 3-4 should win games, a couple toss ups, and some that right now look like losses. We could go winless in October. Beamer’s seat is warm, it could be very hot towards the end of the season. I agree, UK is a must win game to get to 6 wins. A lot depends on the development of the QB and the running game. Hopefully Sean Elliott is the toughness influence they’re desperate for.

Dropping UGA, FL, & UT games would make you think our schedule would be easier. Nope. They just added ALA, OKL, & LSU.

I really like Sellers and I really feel like both lines are way better this year, but I also felt we were going to win 8 or 9 last year. I guess until after the UK game, I am just going to be watching.
I have a brand new season seat in the Cockaboose Section so I would love a team that is tearing them up and getting lots of home wins. LSU, Ole Miss, & A&M will all 3 be tough games. The other 4 should be easy wins but I have seen us mess up on those type games before. Beating at least UK and Vandy on the road would be almost necessary for a good season.
After last year, it is hard to just jump out and say we are going to win a bunch of games.
After watching the changes in our D and seeing all the new talent we have on each line as well as watching Sellers and the WR room, yes, I do expect we will get some upsets this year.
We actually have starters and plenty of backups this time. Praying they all stay healthy. We saw what happened last season when players got hurt. We had no talent to fill in.

I may regret it later, but I say yes, we will win at least 6 this year. If we win 5 at home we could win 7 this year. And if we can get a couple upsets on the road, who knows. Beamer may become our championship bound Coach. I know 2 years ago I thought 2024 was going to be a big year for us. Lets see.

There will be excitement and hype surrounding Sellers the first few games of the season, but I still think it comes down to the other moving parts on the team, which didn't work well at all last season.

I think most pundits are expecting us to suck this year due to the turnover of both coaching and player personnel.

Will the team put a chip on its shoulders like Lamont's guys did last season and exceed expectations? I don't know.

I believe our defense is talented enough to compete in every game and that was not the case last year. I think our running game will give Sellers Heisman hype and we will play in the first ever 12 game playoff...

I believe our defense is talented enough to compete in every game and that was not the case last year. I think our running game will give Sellers Heisman hype and we will play in the first ever 12 game playoff...
Wait?............What?

I used to look forward to this publication every summer to read up about the Gamecocks. Here is Athlon's SEC prediction:

1. Georgia Bulldogs
2. Texas Longhorns
3. Ole Miss Rebels
4. Alabama Crimson Tide
5. Missouri Tigers
6. LSU Tigers
7. Tennessee Volunteers
8. Oklahoma Sooners
9. Texas A&M Aggies
10. Auburn Tigers
11. Florida Gators
12. Kentucky Wildcats
13. South Carolina Gamecocks
14. Arkansas Razorbacks
15. Mississippi State Bulldogs
16. Vanderbilt Commodores

Seems about right, unfortunately. I hope we get surprised with some standout players this fall. Mizzou has improved big time very quickly.

Wait?............What?
I believe we vastly improved on both sides of the LOS in the trenches with both talent and depth. We brought in a run game coordinator to assist in getting the running game going, this will allow Sellers to thrive in Loggins offense and our defense should hold it's own against anyone... I like our depth at WR with experiences players like Doty teaching the offense to young studs and our depth at RB with studs like Rocket Sanders behind Sellers reminds me of the Cam Newton Auburn offense... We have tremendous talent on the back end of the defense and the DL with depth in the secondary being a little worrisome because we get real young real quick and we need a LB or LB's to step up but we have talent and depth, I really like the transfer from Charlotte!
I also believe in Beamer and this staff, I think the COCKS shock the world this year and Sellers puts his name in the bright lights!

I believe we vastly improved on both sides of the LOS in the trenches with both talent and depth. We brought in a run game coordinator to assist in getting the running game going, this will allow Sellers to thrive in Loggins offense and our defense should hold it's own against anyone... I like our depth at WR with experiences players like Doty teaching the offense to young studs and our depth at RB with studs like Rocket Sanders behind Sellers reminds me of the Cam Newton Auburn offense... We have tremendous talent on the back end of the defense and the DL with depth in the secondary being a little worrisome because we get real young real quick and we need a LB or LB's to step up but we have talent and depth, I really like the transfer from Charlotte!
I also believe in Beamer and this staff, I think the COCKS shock the world this year and Sellers puts his name in the bright lights!
I hope you're correct but I'm skeptical of doing better than 4-8 or 5-7.

I feel like this year's team is going to be better than last year, I'm just not convinced that will be reflected in the W-L columns. I see 4 likely wins, 3 likely losses, and 5 toss ups. If we can find a way to start the season 3-1 (or hopefully 4-0), I think we'll get to 6. If not, then I think it will be another 5-7 season.

Things have always gone south for us after getting banged up by UGA in recent years.

From that standpoint, maybe we have a chance at a solid winning season.

I really don't have an idea what will happen. I know we have improved some areas, but after last year, I'm still numb. I realized over the weekend that football starts next month, and I didn't get excited about it. I will watch every game, but until I see something to get excited about, I won't get my hopes up.

The o-line has to be better this year. the past couple of years O-line play has been bad..
You would definitely think so, but our team has always been creative in finding ways to let us down. I truly hope I can get excited about football this year. I am hoping for good things, but that schedule is rough.