Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the football team eke out 6 wins this year?

Yep, the O-line has been getting "better" for years now.
This year we currently have 19 players listed as OL. each one is 300 lbs. +. They average 330 lbs.
We brought in 4 very highly rated recruits like Kam Pringle. Because of injuries, we had several redshirts last year.
With 19, we don't just have a 2 deep, we almost have 4 deep. Even with a couple injuries, we should be in much better shape. We will definitely be able to sub a whole lot more to keep fresh players out there.
With a much better OL, I feel Sellers will be just as good as Rattler was. He threw Nick Harbor his first TD pass. I expect they will hook up a lot this year.
You say EKE OUT, but I think 6 is a given. I just feel we are a better team in so many ways.

The jury is still out on whether Shane is a great recruiter that can't get it done as a head coach. Some would say he's missing the "fire" to get it done.

Remember Kirby's pre-game speech before UGA wasted TCU in last year's NC game:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2n9DztHj0A&t=223s

Some would say we lose because our HC doesn't have that fire. Who knows? Flip a coin. I don't know.

This year we currently have 19 players listed as OL. each one is 300 lbs. +. They average 330 lbs.
We brought in 4 very highly rated recruits like Kam Pringle. Because of injuries, we had several redshirts last year.
With 19, we don't just have a 2 deep, we almost have 4 deep. Even with a couple injuries, we should be in much better shape. We will definitely be able to sub a whole lot more to keep fresh players out there.
With a much better OL, I feel Sellers will be just as good as Rattler was. He threw Nick Harbor his first TD pass. I expect they will hook up a lot this year.
You say EKE OUT, but I think 6 is a given. I just feel we are a better team in so many ways.
Man I hope you're correct. It seems we hear this type of hype every pre-season.
The jury is still out on whether Shane is a great recruiter that can't get it done as a head coach. Some would say he's missing the "fire" to get it done.

Some would say we lose because our HC doesn't have that fire. Who knows? Flip a coin. I don't know.
I don't buy that at all. Like most athletic contests it comes down to who has the better athletes.

Who are these idiots you speak of? My guess is they are WNBA fans that wouldn't know a triple option from a single back formation or a dual threat from a drop back passer!

Why would a board of GAMECOCK fans remember or give two fucks about Kirby Smarts pregame speech against anyone?

Some would say this post has nothing to do with the original post, is a shot at our Head Coach and should be deleted!

Are you aware the UGA is not on our schedule this year?
Yeah, if you were I was going to suggest Drivers Ed courses for the team...
LOL the UGA, I think you might be a fan though because I would be offended if you ask me that shit!

i think we're a better team on both sides of the ball than we were last year. how that translates we shall see. corner is the only position group i think may be worse than last year and even there with the talent and depth there is the potential to be better. i expect a better run game and a more efficient passing game even without rattler and legette because of the run threat and more potential weapons at receiver. im high on the defense, i expect it to be a top 25 unit.

i generally dont do win predictions. i think were talented enough to have a great year. are we a team that finds a way to win games or a team that finds a way to lose games. we will be competitive, the 2024 wont get ran off the field or lose games in the fashion we did last year.

unc 21 unanswered points
uga 21 unanswered points
tenn 24 unanswered points
fla 14 unanswered 4th qtr points
mizzou 24 unanswered points
a&m 21 unanswered points

even against our tough schedule this year if a 20 point run happens more than once ill be shocked.

Seems like a well spoken young man -- props to his parents. I love the drive and work ethic. Really looking forward to seeing him on the field in the near future. Go Gamecocks!

Hope this team is much improved over last year. Hype is what it is. If the O line and D show up it could be better than expected. LaNorris could be special and light the offense up. But he needs the receivers and rbs to show up. Truly believe Shawn Elliot is going to play a big part. His energy may push all of the other position coaches to put in the extra work. Season can't come soon enough, just sorry we don’t play UT.

I think Shawn will be the fire on the sidelines that other teams have and that we have been missing.

Now that he has been an experience HC, I hope he will bring some accountability that's been missing as well.

I think Shawn will be the fire on the sidelines that other teams have and that we have been missing.

Now that he has been an experience HC, I hope he will bring some accountability that's been missing as well.
It's funny, I played little league with Coach Elliott in Camden, when i went to live with my father. His father was the Coach and he was the calmest Coach I ever played for. Just to put it in perspective I only played with them for a year in middle school, Bobby Engram that played WR in the NFL was on that team as well.

It's funny, I played little league with Coach Elliott in Camden, when i went to live with my father. His father was the Coach and he was the calmest Coach I ever played for. Just to put it in perspective I only played with them for a year in middle school, Bobby Engram that played WR in the NFL was on that team as well
A lot of good talent came out of Camden. BTW, you are also giving your age now.
My wife and I come up there from time to time to shop for antiques. I sure thought it was odd when you guys and the people in Lugoff had those earthquakes.
I think Shawn will be a great addition to the staff. I hope he will be the fire we need. Him working with the TE's and being the RGC, he will be a big part of what Dowell is putting together. And him and Blackwell will get our running game back up to par.

A lot of good talent came out of Camden. BTW, you are also giving your age now.
My wife and I come up there from time to time to shop for antiques. I sure thought it was odd when you guys and the people in Lugoff had those earthquakes.
I think Shawn will be a great addition to the staff. I hope he will be the fire we need. Him working with the TE's and being the RGC, he will be a big part of what Dowell is putting together. And him and Blackwell will get our running game back up to par.
Indeed it did, my cousin played OL next to Elliott, he was a FR on the Billy Ammons 15-0 State title team in 1990 with Engram, Vonnie Holiday and Andre Carter. I moved back to Columbia, my father was a member of the1963 Camden state title team, they were the last to win before the 90 team.