Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carey Rich on Under Armour

BigSpur

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
It really does hurt us. He said we've lost three recent recruits bc of it. Mentioned Charles Barkley said last night AU needs to dump them and their ex coach said they'd never win in basketball bc of it.

If UK signed a deal with WalMart to wear their shoes they would still out recruit us every year.

Nike does have an effect but it's not what has been keeping South Carolina from signing top 50 players no matter what Carey says.
When we stop sucking, and I think that will be soon thanks to Frank Martin, we will sign higher ranked players. Watch and see.

It really does hurt us. He said we've lost three recent recruits bc of it. Mentioned Charles Barkley said last night AU needs to dump them and their ex coach said they'd never win in basketball bc of it.
I don't really care what Carey Rich says, because his comments about the previous staff were out of place and did nothing to enhance USC or the program. He doesn't care about anything other than his ratings. If we aren't signing kids because of clothing, then those kids aren't the kind of kids I want on the team. I want kids that want to play basketball, not kids that want to wear Nike. The guys we have on the team now have no problem with Under Armour. They want to win. That's what they are concerned with. Under Armour is a top notch company, and any kid that would concern himself more with his appearance than progressing as a player can go somewhere else.