Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carolina Football Inks Home-and-Home Series with Miami

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Football 12/3/2019, | GCF Staff Report

Carolina Football Inks Home-and-Home Series with Miami

Gamecocks and Hurricanes to Meet in 2026 and 2027

The University of South Carolina and the University of Miami have agreed on a home-and-home football series, the two schools announced today. The Hurricanes will visit Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia on Sept. 5, 2026, while the Gamecocks will make the return trip to Hard Rock Stadium in Miami for a contest on Sept. 11, 2027. (VIEW ARTICLE)

Not a fan of this move. Bob Marcum said it best... Carolina will not schedule this team again, ever!

Now I am depressed.

Not a fan of this move. Bob Marcum said it best... Carolina will not schedule this team again, ever!

Now I am depressed.
Things change, that game was a long time ago.

The U is a much different place now. They no longer recruit the Dade County Correctional Center, and they no longer sign guys who otherwise would be arrested just for stepping foot on campus.

This seems like a stupid match-up though. What is the upside? I honestly at this point wish SC would start scheduling some national powers. Help with recruiting and if they win it's a huge boost. These high risk, low reward games (app st cough cough) do absolutely nothing for the program, nothing

It’s been a long time since those dirty Miami teams. And they were dirty. I remember watching this game on TV.

But at the same time Miami is a shell of its former self. I don’t really have an issue with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems like a stupid match-up though. What is the upside? I honestly at this point wish SC would start scheduling some national powers. Help with recruiting and if they win it's a huge boost. These high risk, low reward games (app st cough cough) do absolutely nothing for the program, nothing
There's a huge difference between App State and Miami.  App State is a trap game and there was no benefits for recruiting.  Miami is another somewhat decent program that our players will take seriously (i.e. not a trap game) and I'd say they're not currently as good as App State.  Also, the benefits of playing Miami and getting in front of some South Florida recruits will hopefully pay big dividends (depending on how the season is going and if the coach is a great recruiter who can take advantage of it).

Scheduling App State was stupid from the get go, and it only got worse when we fell far short of expectations this season.  This is a much better decision, and, all else being equal, we're not paying them to play us.

There's a huge difference between App State and Miami.  App State is a trap game and there was no benefits for recruiting.  Miami is another somewhat decent program that our players will take seriously (i.e. not a trap game) and I'd say they're not currently as good as App State.  Also, the benefits of playing Miami and getting in front of some South Florida recruits will hopefully pay big dividends (depending on how the season is going and if the coach is a great recruiter who can take advantage of it).

Scheduling App State was stupid from the get go, and it only got worse when we fell far short of expectations this season.  This is a much better decision, and, all else being equal, we're not paying them to play us.
Yea I know there is a big difference between the 2 schools...obviously. Just wish they'd go for some bigger names

Yea I know there is a big difference between the 2 schools...obviously. Just wish they'd go for some bigger names
I would prefer to see them schedule a home and home with a big 10 or big 12 team, just because its more interesting. However, our recruiting stands to benefit more playing a team in the recruit rich S. Fla than in Ames Iowa.

I would prefer to see them schedule a home and home with a big 10 or big 12 team, just because its more interesting. However, our recruiting stands to benefit more playing a team in the recruit rich S. Fla than in Ames Iowa.
Ehh It's not the old days where recruits cant see the games on tv. If we're playing at the u, SC cant have visitors. I'd say scheduling Oklahomas, oh st etc..top schools from other conferences would get more national attention