Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carolina selected as a regional host for the 2023 NCAA baseball tournament

kingofnerf

GCF Super Moderator
Fanatics Cash
The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:

• Auburn, Alabama – Auburn (34-21-1)
  • Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (43-15)
  • Charlottesville, Virginia – Virginia (45-12)
  • Clemson, South Carolina – Clemson (43-17)
  • Columbia, South Carolina – South Carolina (39-19)
  • Conway, South Carolina – Coastal Carolina (39-19)
  • Coral Gables, Florida – Miami (FL) (40-19)
  • Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (41-16)
  • Gainesville, Florida – Florida (44-14)
  • Lexington, Kentucky – Kentucky (36-18)
  • Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (41-18)
  • Stanford, California – Stanford (38-16)
  • Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma State (41-17) through games of 5/28
  • Terre Haute, Indiana – Indiana State (42-15)
  • Tuscaloosa, Alabama – Alabama (40-19)
  • Winston-Salem, North Carolina – Wake Forest (47-10)

Both us and Coastal finished the regular season with 39-19 records.

Well, that was easy to predict!
Now wash your memory of the last 4 weeks of baseball like it is a new season, POSTSEASON!!!
You play the game to get here, to compete on this stage, so get all that negative shit out your head and move forward GO COCKS!
Get a rally stick, get something to put some life in the dugout and the stands because you can't always win by 10...

The games and TV schedule.

2023 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Games​

Friday, June 2, 2023 (all times Eastern)
Auburn Regional hosted by Auburn
#2 Southern Miss. (41-17) vs. #3 Samford (36-23), 2 p.m., ESPN+
#1 Auburn (34-21-1) vs. #4 Penn (32-14), 7 p.m., ESPN+

Baton Rouge Regional hosted by LSU
#1 LSU (43-15) vs. #4 Tulane (19-40), 3 p.m., ESPNU
#2 Oregon St. (39-18) vs. #3 Sam Houston (38-23), 8 p.m., ESPN+

Charlottesville Regional hosted by Virginia
#1 Virginia (45-12) vs. #4 Army West Point (38-16), Noon, ESPN+
#2 East Carolina (45-17) vs. #3 Oklahoma (31-26), 7 p.m., ESPN2

Clemson Regional hosted by Clemson
#1 Clemson (43-17) vs. #4 Lipscomb (36-24), 1 p.m., ESPN+
#2 Tennessee (38-19) vs. #3 Charlotte (34-26), 6 p.m., ESPNU

Columbia Regional hosted by South Carolina
#2 Campbell (44-13) vs. #3 NC State (35-19), 1 p.m., ACCN
#1 South Carolina (39-19) vs. #4 Central Conn. St. (36-12), 7 p.m., ESPN+

Conway Regional hosted by Coastal Carolina
#2 Duke (35-21) vs. #3 UNCW (34-21), 1 p.m., ESPN+
#1 Coastal Carolina (39-19) vs. #4 Rider (35-19), 7 p.m., ESPN+

Coral Gables Regional hosted by Miami (FL)
#2 Texas (38-20) vs. #3 Louisiana (40-22), 2 p.m., LHN
#1 Miami (FL) (40-19) vs. #4 Maine (32-19), 7 p.m., ESPN+

Fayetteville Regional hosted by Arkansas
#1 Arkansas (41-16) vs. #4 Santa Clara (35-18), 3 p.m., ESPN+
#2 TCU (37-22) vs. #3 Arizona (33-24), 9 p.m., ESPNU

Gainesville Regional hosted by Florida
#2 UConn (43-15) vs. #3 Texas Tech (39-21), Noon, ESPNU
#1 Florida (44-14) vs. #4 Florida A&M (29-28), 5:30 p.m., ESPN+

Lexington Regional hosted by Kentucky
#1 Kentucky (36-18) vs. #4 Ball St. (36-21), Noon, SECN
#2 West Virginia (39-18) vs. #3 Indiana (41-18), 7 p.m., ESPN+

Nashville Regional hosted by Vanderbilt
#2 Oregon (37-20) vs. #3 Xavier (37-23), 1 p.m., ESPN+
#1 Vanderbilt (41-18) vs. #4 Eastern Ill. (38-19), 8 p.m., SECN

Stanford Regional hosted by Stanford
#1 Stanford (38-16) vs. #4 San Jose St. (31-25), 5 p.m., ESPN+
#2 Texas A&M (36-25) vs. #3 Cal St. Fullerton (31-22), 10 p.m., ESPN2

Stillwater Regional hosted by Oklahoma St.
#2 DBU (45-14) vs. #3 Washington (34-18), 1 p.m., ESPN+
#1 Oklahoma St. (41-18) vs. #4 Oral Roberts (46-11), 7 p.m., ESPN+

Terre Haute Regional hosted by Indiana St.
#1 Indiana St. (42-15) vs. #4 Wright St. (39-21), 1 p.m., ESPN+
#2 Iowa (42-14) vs. #3 North Carolina (35-22), 7 p.m., ACCN

Tuscaloosa Regional hosted by Alabama
#2 Boston College (35-18) vs. #3 Troy (39-20), 3 p.m., ESPN+
#1 Alabama (40-19) vs. #4 Nicholls (34-22), 7 p.m., ESPN+

Winston-Salem Regional hosted by Wake Forest
#2 Maryland (41-19) vs. #3 Northeastern (44-14), 1 p.m., ESPN+
#1 Wake Forest (47-10) vs. #4 George Mason (34-25), 7 p.m., ESPN+

I hope the week long layoff has the opposite affect than the last layoff for exams.
Yeah, we haven't handled those well in the past.

Either of the two mid-major teams in our Regional, Campbell or Central Connecticut St., could beat us right now the way our bats have died off in the last month or so.

It's bad to say that, but it's true. Clemson took our #3 spot in the D1 Baseball poll this week, while we are not even ranked. We simply cannot put all the blame on our injuries.

Plenty of guys have gotten on base, but we have not hit well enough as a team to take advantage of that in the back half of the season.

We're either going to come out with both barrels blazing like we did earlier in the season or else look like we haven't practiced for two weeks.

Kingston's vibe in his recent pressers has made me think we haven't had full practices in order to allow guys to heal and get back up to speed for the NCAAT.

The weather will be great for this weekend. Partly cloudy and highs only in the low 80's. Great baseball weather. We'll see what we get.

I'm hoping for the best, but teams can't usually flip the switch to excellence mode in the playoffs after an extended losing streak.

I'm hoping for the best, but teams can't usually flip the switch to excellence mode in the playoffs after an extended losing streak.
I agree. It's not being a disloyal Gamecock to acknowledge some realities.

The only up side right now is to have the guys put some chips on their shoulders and get things done.

Look forward and let go of the buts and can'ts... teams flip the switch all the time, clemsux was 27-17 10-10 in the ACC and flip the switch... the Heat barely made it in the NBA play in game and are now headed to the Finals... Put it behind you, let it go!!! IT IS A NEW SEASON, STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST AND LOOK FORWARD, JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST...

I agree. It's not being a disloyal Gamecock to acknowledge some realities.

The only up side right now is to have the guys put some chips on their shoulders and get things done.
It's not disloyal but it is that whisper in the stadium that has everyone waiting to fail instead of looking for ways to win! Negativity is a cancer, find the positive to keep everyone smiling until the last out because in baseball one out is all you need if you believe! We have a 2nd chance to get that magic back, dwelling on what could have been when what we were playing for is THIS!!

It's not disloyal but it is that whisper in the stadium that has everyone waiting to fail instead of looking for ways to win! Negativity is a cancer, find the positive to keep everyone smiling until the last out because in baseball one out is all you need if you believe! We have a 2nd chance to get that magic back, dwelling on what could have been when what we were playing for is THIS!!
This team has failed on its own enough under Kingston's time here over the years. Social media has not been responsible for that.

If it has, then we need another head coach.

All one has to do to improve in sports is practice; it's as simple as that.

This team has failed on its own enough under Kingston's time here over the years. Social media has not been responsible for that.

If it has, then we need another head coach.

All one has to do to improve in sports is practice; it's as simple as that.
No you also have to play the game, be coachable, a little luck to keep you healthy... but yeah it's simple just practice lol 😆 sounds like someone that was not successful at sports... it also helps to have great facilities, equipment and study film of the greats or just practice... a will to win does not come from practice, the will to push your body and mind to places it is not suppose to go does not come from practice it comes from losing, failing and never wanting to fail/lose again! If all you did was practice and never had the nuts to play the game you would not be great or better! To think the game is not mental and the whispers or cheers don't come into play is to throw the facts of home field/court advantage out the window! At the root of it all it is a game, if you are not having fun just like life you will probably not be successful, having a short memory and not dwelling on the past and instead using it as a POSITIVE is better than practice, it is that simple!

If we can win two games this weekend without the usual mid-week game that pulls pitching resources, why would we not be able to slug it out the rest of the way to Omaha?

I think it will really come down to our hitting and I don't think Kingston can be conservative from here on out. It's gotta be all hands on deck because every game is our season.

We'll see what we get.

I hope this rest gets us healthy and allows the team too rally around each other!
I hope we see a renewed energy in the dugout, this will be contagious to Founders park in my opinion.
I hope we see live arms and live bats with no hesitation, no thinking and no dwelling on errors, missed calls or missed opportunities.
I hope we see a Gamecock baseball team happy to be playing baseball, smiling with a chip on thier shoulder and back to playing with confidence in every swing, pitch, catch and play.
No pressure, just go play the game you love and leave it all on the field! GO GAMECOCKS!!