Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CB Ranks 2019 Gamecock Baseball Class #3

And I should have added that this is worse than football recruiting - 3rd in the country but also 3rd in the conference.

Which means, of course that we have a better class than any team in the country outside of the SEC.
  Yep, this site is now legit....

I was wondering how the recruiting went in this cycle. Help me out, any left handed pitches, did we bag a closer or two?? Also did we get a big bat ??  I'm sure we went heavy on pitchers but just wondering. Thanks

I was wondering how the recruiting went in this cycle. Help me out, any left handed pitches, did we bag a closer or two?? Also did we get a big bat ??  I'm sure we went heavy on pitchers but just wondering. Thanks
Beaver can flat out hit the damn ball.  He is a monster.  I just hope it's not a feast or famine situation with him.  He seems to be a pretty good backstop behind the plate too.  What I saw of his throws to second when I went to the scrimmage, he got the ball there timely. But our MINF was booting the ball around. 

I left my roster in the car, so I'll get back to you on the LHP situation later.  We do have Dylan Harley.  He's gotten better now that he is healed and he's lost the head twitch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Beaver can flat out hit the damn ball.  He is a monster.  I just hope it's not a feast or famine situation with him.  He seems to be a pretty good backstop behind the plate too.  What I saw of his throws to second when I went to the scrimmage, he got the ball there timely. But our MINF was booting the ball around. 

I left my roster in the car, so I'll get back to you on the LHP situation later.  We do have Dylan Harley.  He's gotten better now that he is healed and he's lost the head twitch. 
  Thanks BatzGirl, glad to see you here. I really like it. Keep us posted. Thanks again Dear..!!

Great INfo BG!!!!!

BG can help with the details, but the recruiting class does NOT include two really strong grad transfers who can greatly improve our hitting. Like with football and basketball, the class rank is based on HS Seniors and JUCOs. 

In other words, we actually have nore talent coming in than is reflected in the #3 ranking. Kingston is trying to fix it - in a hurry.
No, baseball rankings are not like Football and Basketball.  Final Baseball rankings, which this is, include the guys we already have on campus. Baseball classes receive their final rankings in the fall after classes start, i.e. 2019 Baseball Recruiting Class = Fall 2019 enrollees at USC. 

Makes sense - so many of the top prospects never enroll on campus. 

But transfers, whether grad or undergrad,do not get counted in football or basketball recruiting classes - I was thinking that baseball was the same way. JUCO transfers are counted in football and basketball, but they are usually discounted vis-a-vis HS recruits in terms of star rating - people do not get subscriptions to read about JUCO recruits. 
JUCOs in football are usually guys that originally committed to that University to begin with, but had to go to JUCO because of grades or some other reason.  That is why they are graded differently than JUCOs in Baseball.  People follow JUCO recruits in baseball a great deal because historically JUCO players have made some of the biggest differences in the game.  

Last edited by a moderator:
A nifty tidbit about JUCO players - The reigning World Series MVP was a JUCO transfer.