Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CBS announcers high on USC

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
The CBS Sports crew, which will visit Columbia on Sept. 22 for the No. 8 Gamecocks against Missouri, thinks a lot of Steve Spurrier and his Gamecocks this year.
“I think they are a sleeper to win the national championship out of the conference,” Tim Brando, a studio host for the network, said Tuesday during a conference call. “I think they are capable doing it. (Marcus) Lattimore seems to be healthy. I think their defense is incredible.”
Play-by-play voice Vern Lundquist and analyst Gary Danielson will be in Williams-Brice Stadium next week.
“I am more impressed with the job Steve Spurrier has done at South Carolina than what he did at Florida,” Danielson said. “He has shown everyone that he is willing to bend to win games, that his goal is tow in not to prove to everybody that Spurrier’s Fun and Gun is the way to go. There is a lot of temptation to do that was a coach, to prove to everybody you are the smartest guy on the field.”
The Gamecocks’ talent is now on par with most other teams in the SEC, Danielson said.
Brando even went so far as to suggest the Gamecocks might knock off No. 3 LSU on Oct. 13 in Baton Rouge, La.
“If LSU has a hiccup, I don’t think it’ll be against Alabama, I think it’s going to between Florida and Texas A&M,” Brando said. “If you give me one coach to win one big game in college football today, I would say Spurrier. That is going to be a tough out for LSU. South Carolina, in my opinion, has a real good shot of pulling it off.”
http://www.gogamecocks.com/2012/09/11/280537/cbs-sports-announcers-high-on.html

Last edited by a moderator: